Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on a rotary pleas :)

Hear we go....... Its time for me to swap to rotarys now i think. Just sold some coil machines (glyn flews and paulo cruzes) . I like my coil machines to hit hard with very little to no give and this is how i would like a rotary to work. I dont want to spend a fortune on one yet, so i was thinking of getting a Rotary Works off Dale as i hear great things about them. I would like a simple machine that will just plug and run. I would love your folks advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't go wrong with a Dan Kubin mini cranker...does it all, lines, packs and shades

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Second the cranker, the reason is that if you want a tiny bit of give, you can do so. The Cranker has a rod inside the arm bar, which if you release the nut at the front of the arm bar, gives it some give. Then if you want no give at all, you simply tighten up the plastic nut on the front of the arm bar. No give is good for packing. Some give good when using a 3rl for example.
    This makes the machine very flexible. Now add to that an adjustable stroke, and those two thing make the machine good at everything. Now add a small flywheel, and you get the much loved effect of the centri. The flywheel gives a certain momentum (imo) which punches and drives the needle down. Also the machine is weighted sufficiently that it won't lift or bounce off the skin so easily. Add to that a comfortable to hold machine, and you get some of the reasons why its so popular.
    Dales machines are very good for b+g work, but (for the contrary) thats just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to add that Zapp has usually got one or two for sale, check the classifieds...he's a good dude to deal with

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the look of the cranker, it sounds perfect to be honest. Thanks for that folks. Just need to find one now

Post Thanks / Like
    Got meself a couple of crankers Devs , love em to bits, so so versatile and so simple Hope you and Nurse are doing well bud

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the choice of crankers, I miss having one, awesome all around machine and lining is a smooth breeze

Post Thanks / Like
    Well... What the others said ^^ The Cranker is the best bang for your buck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cranker it is then i think. His website says he has non available though i will just keep looking..........Casey ???? you got a couple of em you sed by the way we is fine mate, hope your doing well mi muka.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can custom order machines he doesnt have any ready made available...