Post Thanks / Like

Mini cranker give?

Not a trouble or trouble shooting really, but have 2 mini crankers and one has a rubber o ring securing the "crank" to the A bar and one has a metal circlip instead. Now in an earlier thread which i cant seem to find again it states that the difference is one has little give (o ring) and one has no give (circlip) I have now just read in a thread started by Devans that the small give effect is actually dictated by the nut at the front of the A bar. Any help greatly appreciated ...dont intend to tinker just like to know stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't seen the circlip, but the crank as far as i can see has nothing to do with give. The arm bar pin (where top hat gromment sits) is actually a long thin rod which fits inside the arm bar. This rod is only maybe 2mm thick. But when the plastic nut is tightened, the arm bar pin is held tightly in the arm bar, which means no give at all.
    But if you loosen the plastic nut a tad, the rod has a small bit of flexibility within the arm bar- which is just enough give for certain techniques.

3. Like casey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it has to do with a little play between the hole in the crank arm and the abar rod... The 1st machine has kinda no play and no give as well in this part and the 2nd a little and a little give.

5. Thanks casey thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan does sometimes supply a hard plastic washer which has a shoulder on it. This fits onto the arm bar pin, and into the arm bar tube. Basically it replaces the 'O' ring between the arm bar tube, and the plastic nut on the pin. The washer with the shoulder stops all give on the machine. Loosening the plastic nut will allow the arm bar rod to give a bit, inside the arm bar tube.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is an interesting post, I love my crankers. If I want a little extra give I just use squishy silicone grommets ,like what Luckys' sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Not a trouble or trouble shooting really, but have 2 mini crankers and one has a rubber o ring securing the "crank" to the A bar and one has a metal circlip instead. Now in an earlier thread which i cant seem to find again it states that the difference is one has little give (o ring) and one has no give (circlip) I have now just read in a thread started by Devans that the small give effect is actually dictated by the nut at the front of the A bar. Any help greatly appreciated ...dont intend to tinker just like to know stuff
    hey casey its the same, no give, he used to use the oring but now he uses the c clip cuz it dosent slip off....smiley

9. Thanks casey thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much, all makes perfect sense. Wildboy many thanks for the video bud