Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    To ship one to me is £2.50 more than what you would charge...and £ 1.25 more than you if I still lived in London, I aint got a problem with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by directDRIVE View Post
    Maybe so, like I said it's just a little gripe of mine - If somebody buys a machine from me, they pay for the postage, not the postage plus a percentage to cover my petrol money, some sticky tape, the ink from the biro I used to write out the address (ok, that's being a little childish ) etc. etc.

If you are geared up for selling a product then time, packaging materials etc. should all be factored into your initial costing - postage is the price it costs to get it to where it needs to go
    This is a thread where someone is trying to introduce some machines that he has for sale. Unless you plan on buying one from him, why do you care what he charges for shipping? I am sure that he is very versed in shipping packages all over the world, therefore having a very good clue as to how much it costs to package & ship a machine. If he works the shipping & handling into the price of the machine, what difference does it make? You still have to pay for it.
    Overall you are talking about maybe a 2pound difference between what the two of you are charging for shipping. If you have a problem coming up w/ 2 ponds or so, this is the wrong forum for you. Things can get pretty expensive around here.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I charge £7.95 this covers the cost sending the machine special delivery and I dont set the price the post office does but its been a long time since I actually went myself my assistant does it for me.

Its not like I am charging £107.95 for the machine then charging you £59 for the postage that would be taking the piss.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am at Doncaster this weekend so if anyone wants to drive there and get one they are welcome but sorry I cant pay for their petrol or their ticket into the convention.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The facts is directDrive it does cost a bit of money for packing supplies such as tape,boxs, bubblewrap, printed labels etc. And it does cost time and money to get it to you by packing it your shelf or paying someone. I think all the builders on here have been charging a fair price. now if they were charging and extra 10-15 bucks that would be different but a few bucks just covers the shipping supply, its not like they are making a profit off that.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    I am at Doncaster this weekend so if anyone wants to drive there and get one they are welcome but sorry I cant pay for their petrol or their ticket into the convention.
    couldn't you pick me up on the way?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines directDRIVE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, ok! all good points well taken I didn't mean to rattle any cages, it was a genuine question and i assure that it wasn't meant to flame.

It wasn't about the extra pound or so on top of the post office charge of £6.35, it was just the principle

All I'm saying is People like to rant about "respect for the industry...blah blah blah" "not in it for the money... blah blah" - myself included - so when I see a seemingly stand up guy, selling what looks like a great machine at a great price, I ask myself "so why the extra on postage?" that is all

note* I'm very aware of the cost of things serial1313, remember when I sold you your machine? you paid a fair price for the machine and the postage price for the postage - had i known you had deep "expensive forum" pockets I might have been tempted to add a few quid
    <~ of course I'm joking, and as this good man's thread is being hijacked (Sorry Ned) I'll make my apologies and say no more about it

*edited as something strange happened with the font
    Last edited by directDRIVE; 10-11-2012 at 11:33 AM.