Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evlink2006 View Post
    Tried the pens yesterday. Much finer line than the Saltwater pens and stayed on thru several wipes. Nice job Bill!
    saltwater has the finer ones now.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    Are those labelled ? I got a whole 2os set plus db bottles that I am not allowed to use since they re not labelled :/ stupid french laws ..
    make some fake labels on your printer

Post Thanks / Like
    Love My Bluebird...... I'm so ready for the right project to use the pens...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My saltwater pens came so quick I was impressed and selling em for the same price that worldwide charges for there knock offs why would anyone order anything else plus its cool getting a packaged addressed from Tim Hendricks himself haha

Post Thanks / Like
    @waverlycolor: Hate to be redundant, I know that you already touched on these subjects a little. You said that you could line with it but is it recommended? Is there an advantage or disadvantage to using Bluebird over Dark Black as it pertains to lining other than it being easier to clean up off the skin? And would you recommend Bluebird for solid black fills? I'm not trying to nail you down on this and get too hung up on words, well ... I guess maybe I am :-) You said that it's smoother rather than lighter which totally makes sense, but you said that it's a slightly different tone. How so? Slightly lighter or is it slightly warmer or cooler? If it's nearly as dark then other than workability into the skin it sounds like Bluebird might be a better option all the way around. Is workability a factor when comparing these two?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 11-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just switched to waverly dark black from one for my lining and I love it, and customer service was great, made a very good impression on me. I think I will give the bluebird a try too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw on facebook that Bill has changed a bit the formula of Dark Black for the best (even better ?!) Awesome isn't

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    @waverlycolor: Hate to be redundant, I know that you already touched on these subjects a little. You said that you could line with it but is it recommended? Is there an advantage or disadvantage to using Bluebird over Dark Black as it pertains to lining other than it being easier to clean up off the skin? And would you recommend Bluebird for solid black fills? I'm not trying to nail you down on this and get too hung up on words, well ... I guess maybe I am :-) You said that it's smoother rather than lighter which totally makes sense, but you said that it's a slightly different tone. How so? Slightly lighter or is it slightly warmer or cooler? If it's nearly as dark then other than workability into the skin it sounds like Bluebird might be a better option all the way around. Is workability a factor when comparing these two?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    They are both easier to work with since I remixed the Dark Black. Both can be used for lining but Dark Black is darker. Bluebird is a completely different blue shade black akin to Pelikan and it makes a nicer smother greywash than Dark Black. Workability is not a factor. I made Bluebird to be a good Black that mixes down well. I hope I answered all your questions!
    bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is better for fill ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great ink, thanks!
    Very smooth for whip shading and suitable for lining. Now it is my favorite black.