Post Thanks / Like

tiger tattoo design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	332244_4570905280009_1549852990_o.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	13772a client brought in a reference image she liked but i completely changed it.
    done with fusion grey wash and inks some intenze and starbrite...

Post Thanks / Like
    While tattooed relatively well and has smooth gradients, it needs way more tiger less background.

3. Like Shockerjock liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with evilink. Primary (tiger) needs to be way bigger. I do like the softness of the color blends and gradients. Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you..i appreciate the criticism.the tiger was bigger till i added the back ground clouds..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I really dig the smooth blends on the tiger, over all it's a really nice piece. Smooth solid and built to last. My only crit points beyond what's been said previously would be that the finger waves look a bit ackward, some are different weights and have a rigid arrangement, also the water that flows downward might look better fully colored in to match the waves. Perhaps a few slight tweaks on the proportions of the tiger, of course this is just my opinion and aesthetic preferences: tail longer with a thicker end, bit larger head(which helps with the visual impact and longevity of the details of the face) and larger front arms and paws...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cherry Blossoms are typically used for a couple different reasons in Japanese pieces, one is scale. Therefore The branch that is behind the tiger would mean that the tiger is about 6 inches tall based on the flowers. The ones behind the tiger are almost as large as the ones in the foreground.

I think the blends are real nice and smooth, and its tattooed well, but the scale and depth are off. As mentioned by others the tiger should have been bigger, and less background. Lots of icing not enough cake.

Not trying to be a cunt, it is very nicely tattooed but could have used a redraw.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks sage and nivek,i appreciate the words..