Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DIRECT DRIVE motor options

HELLO GUYS, i start get interested in DIRECT DRIVE ROTARY, i would like to build some for try and maybe in future produce some , a friend of mine recently buy some from ROY RICHARDSON, look very strong also the motor, any of u know what motors use ?

Post Thanks / Like
    i am curious as well. I have some mabuchi's here that have good torque at the right rpm for non direct, i suppose with a direct you could get away with less torque, maybe one of the amax 16mm motors? no clue what specialT uses as for brand, but they look to be around the 17mm and less size on most of their directs.
    biglug.ca

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i use MABUCHI RK now my my HYBRID ROTARY, i think people done DIRECT DRIVE use some motor with more RPM, but im scared absorbe to much AMPERE nad make machine get HOT

i don like, also machine that need run lower than 6 volts, i don aggre with this idea of voltage, the normally COILS MACHINES run almost all from 6 to 10 volts, i think ROTARY need also run the same, this is my opinion, becouse maybe u forget the volt up on your power supply u pulg the rotary prss fottswitch and burn the motor...ha ha

yes, how about SPEC TECHNIQUE, anybody know what motor use ????

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea i dont like the volts to low like st or to high like neotat 6-to 10 seem perfect to me -good power curve and speed. easy to adjust ps to.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing