Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to let you know the Centri is heavy anodized. Which means its thick and not as simple as just scratching it. It will require some work. Cant wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just tattoo with em.
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    Just to let you know the Centri is heavy anodized. Which means its thick and not as simple as just scratching it. It will require some work. Cant wait!
    This is very true, it's tough!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    spektra is the line of rotarys from fk, i assume as the spektra vorteks is in the works, halo is the machine, i still call it the spektra tho, carve the spektra man ! hopefully your not for real about the bath salt part get some real drugs haha jk!
    Yea, was wondering because everyone calls it the spektra. And the bath salts was in reference to another similar thread lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslingers View Post
    Have you done any carvings prior? If so, post some pics
    The last time I carved/engraved something was 4 years ago. I was into it for a couple of years. I do have some pictures from the last engraving somwhere on my other computer. Will dig around and post something. Im not a pro by any means but I do think im decent enough to compliment these machines with some engravings.
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    Screw it, go all in & carve both of them!
    I might do that in time, but time is sadly something I do not have much of right now.
    <br><br>
    Spektra is more of a challenge and does not have much surface material. But the challenge is what is drawing me to it. The centri does have a lot of surface area and is definitely an engravers dream. I appreciate the input guys. If you guys have anything else to add before I decide, please drop a line. I'm gonna decide later tonight and will draw up some sketches soon after and document everything. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I've done biomechanical engravings and gun type engravings mainly banknote style so if you have any input on the type of engraving/carving I should do, please feel free to add some input. Doesn't hurt and I've yet to decide. Thanks for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Might have to sandblast or tumble it than.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can strip off anodizing with a lye/water solution soak(easy-off heavy duty works well). It works pretty quick, wear gloves!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oven cleaner can strip agonizing as well. Lye is the most common way.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    man you got bigger balls than me i wouldnt dare take a engraver to my halo, i get over protective if a client looks at to much lol

Post Thanks / Like
    So I've decided to carve up the centri. Easier canvas to work with as there is more surface area and everything is mostly flat. I appreciate the input and thanks for the tips on stripping the anodizing. Time to start planning and sketching.