Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few things...all of which you may (or should) know if you've done carvings in the past. Unless you have a very high skill level with carving, don't go into it blind. Have a plan of what you want it to look like BEFORE you start anything..draw it out on paper. I'd suggest even practicing it (again, if your skill level with carving is not very high), brass hinges can be great for this.

If you're doing "bio", do BIO! A lot of people will carve some gouges out of a frame and put the name biomech on it. I personally don't get this, but whatever you decide go into this with everything mapped out or you'll most likely to end up with a trashed frame that you'll be unhappy with.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you decide the Spektra, send me a pic bro! I'll post it on the site and social media.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslingers View Post
    A few things...all of which you may (or should) know if you've done carvings in the past. Unless you have a very high skill level with carving, don't go into it blind. Have a plan of what you want it to look like BEFORE you start anything..draw it out on paper. I'd suggest even practicing it (again, if your skill level with carving is not very high), brass hinges can be great for this.

If you're doing "bio", do BIO! A lot of people will carve some gouges out of a frame and put the name biomech on it. I personally don't get this, but whatever you decide go into this with everything mapped out or you'll most likely to end up with a trashed frame that you'll be unhappy with.
    Thanks for the tips. I plan on approaching this thing like a tattoo. Sketches and concepts first. I don't consider myself someone with a high skill level in carving/engraving but i think if i plan good everything should turn out decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    If you decide the Spektra, send me a pic bro! I'll post it on the site and social media.
    Cool man. Fkirons, I remember you from the TCI forums from way back early 2000 something when you were building customs. Good to see you doing well bro. Damn, I just might have to do both now. How can I say no to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious...what are you doing your carvings with?
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://airgraver.com/ My main tool will be the classic from Lindsay. Also will be using a dremel and some hand gravers. Coming up with some concept sketches as we speak. I've decided to do both machines. Biomechanical for the centri and filigree for the spektra. I think those styles will compliment these machines.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    curious to see these machines! Send me pics when you can so i can post them up. [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    curious to see these machines! Send me pics when you can so i can post them up. [email protected]
    no problem, will do.