Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: microbishop

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCO VESCOVI View Post
    Excellent question, the needle clip rides on a seperate slider within the slider so it dampens perfectly.
    This new damping slide sounds like a great idea-well you be making them for the full size capo also?

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zack_fa1r;91052]Will you be releasing a 4.2 version as well??? you gave me a bering to replace my 3.5 last september at the london show and its the only machine ive used to colour, shade and pack with since then, too happy to try anything else.[/QUOTE
    Yes, It will have the 4.2 extra long throw can. Thank you for the suport

3. Thanks zack_fa1r thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=slicksteel;91054]This new damping slide sounds like a great idea-well you be making them for the full size capo also?[/QUOTYes, they will be released around the same time. I have been working on them for over 2 years and Im finally proud of the last prototypes. Its the first ever slide with built in give (non- adjustable)

Stay Tuned!

Post Thanks / Like
    What are they benefits and differences between the micros and the capo? also the built in give, what benefit would it bring to let say using the one already in place in the capo? Any chance we could have a pic as to what micros look like at this stage :-) ?
    Last edited by sammyfrog75; 09-02-2013 at 12:17 AM.

6. Thanks ssmith297 thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sammyfrog75;91066]What are they benefits and differences between the micros and the capo? also the built in give, what benefit would it bring to let say using the one already in place in the capo? Any chance we could have a pic as to what micros look like at this stage :-) ?[/QUOTE

Hello Sammy, I will be posting photos real soon. We are currently just finishing the design for the new Backplate. We will be releasing the RCA model first, and then shortly after, a clipcord model. To answer your questions, The benefit/differences between the Capo and MicroAngelo would be that the Micro is half the weight of the Capo and will satisfy folks that prefer those lighter rotaries. Also, the other differences would be the motor torque (still working on that as we speak)

As for the built in give on the MicroAngel, it is unique to any other slide type linear rotary in that the give is literally imbedded in the slide and precisely measured to be about a 35% softer hit than the original slide in the capo or any previous versions. This is something that is exciting to me because as many of you know, I do not use, nor suggest adjustable rotary machines (if you have an adjustable, I say this in full respect to the builder) as I feel that it makes it harder to measure the XYZ factor that I will elaborate here soon on a writing that I am working on that explains more of this theory in greater detail. Most, if not all my friends that use adjustable rotary machines either turn the hit all the way down, or half way, and that is my suggestion when people ask what my opinion is on this topic. In having a slide with a measured amount of give will allow your brain to memorize that feeling of depth to feel and it wont ever get lost when switching to the different types of skin that exist as we all know. I use the non-give Bishops to achieve my black and grey tattoos because that is what My hand, mind and feel is used to and so do alot of my peers, however, the softer hit slide will allow artists who may have adjusted their color and grey skills to a give type feel, so this will be an easy transition to using my machines.

Lastly, keep in mind that its only going to have about 35% more give, as I don't believe any more give is necessary and can be achieved by our hands using a lighter depth to feel. I previously coined this as "Organic Give" meaning that it is our hands that can control this naturally and with more precision once we get familiar.

Thank you and I hope this information is useful.

8. Like tatu richie, zack_fa1r, joshdefoe liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do very much agree about give systems, I've got a quite few good top range rotaries with give and to be honest I always turn it off as I find its another thing to try to think about and get your head round, and all I want to do is tattoo and get it smooth and right. Softer grommets work right for me! I've only got one bishop at the mo and I use it for nothing but bng with 15 mag never used it for anything else, I done a seminar with ivano natale in the early summer and he uses bishops totally. Sometimes it's best to keep with one make or use the same machine with the same setup every time as you can get used to that and know exactly how it puts the colour in at what volts! To keep jumping from one machine to another because it's the new kid on the block is not the best thing to do? Are we always looking for the utopia of machine? Is there such a thing? I've just got the new RW Springer and again I'm still not sure on give! I might just get a new bishop 2013 to see if there's any difference to my 2012. Are you at London convention this year? Perhaps pick a new machine up there

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    snarf lol

Post Thanks / Like
    any updates on the microangelo, Franco?

12. Like Tattoo_russ liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn wish u had these at the miami show, see ya there homie

Post Thanks / Like
    yes any updates