Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines specialtechnique's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Production Slingshot Version 3 - Discount for Forum Members

SlingshotV3BlackoutInsta.jpg
    I'm making the last few of these to send to Workhorse Irons, so one is available. The Slingshot v3 retails for $425 plus shipping on the Workhorse site. I would hook one up for $375 shipped if you're a forum member. Email [email protected] if interested. Thanks... --Bill
    My personal email: [email protected].

Senior Member Caleb's Addiction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the specs on these? I got one in trade and I love it but am curious about a couple things. It lines and packs pretty well at 4.5-5.5, but it's very spitty. Especially when lining, slings ink every where. I've tried little hang, lots of hang, diamond tip disposables, round tip disposables, up sizing, downsizing tube/needle, running slower and faster. Varied the number and tension of rubber bands, and bent needle bars vs straight, And it's no change.

I also don't like that there's no lugs on the side to wrap rubber bands on, as the design with the motor upside down and exposed wiring makes me nervous about rubber banding around all that.

It's a shame, because performance-wise, this is easily the best rotary liner I have ever used (comparing to Nedz, Kubin, nicks, various DD's, bishop, vivace, swash whip and swash slide.). Not knocking any of those machines as they're all good, just giving a comparison to what I've actually had in my hand and used.

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    silicone tubing for grommets, and more bands/ band them differently, i can almost guarantee that will fix it, the only time a needle spits is when its not running up and down true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Caleb, she is a 3.5mm stroke and I always used silicone grommets on her and also round dridge tips one size larger than needle size. Diamonds can spit and bead up preventing pigment flow with thinner viscosities especially if the needle is resting at the bottom of the V. Try less of a bend and adjusting your elastics. It should solve any flow and spitting issues as I had none with my setups so it's definitely not the machine. Hope this helps Mick!
    Last edited by MickWrath; 02-25-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    What's a "dridge" tip?

Post Thanks / Like
    Tips that Dan Dridgenberg made back in the day. ;-) there's an example of one on an NG bomb grip in the HM direct drive thread. Mick-
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    Tips that Dan Dridgenberg made back in the day. ;-) there's an example of one on an NG bomb grip in the HM direct drive thread. Mick-
    Has Dan stopped making em Mick?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno homie I got mine like 9 years ago and haven't needed replacements! So I'm not sure.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that sucks for me! The shop is disposable only. We've been using kingpin, which double sucks, because they've gone to some kinda weird clear plastic on the tips that don't draw up as much ink as before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Mithra's disposables... that's what i use. They're my favorite. Also it wouldn't be a terrible idea to try TrueTubes. Those rock as well.