Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    The internals are refined and all inconsistancies have been illiminated, the foam has been replace with a silicone O ring and its maintanance is little to none now. If it does need oil you do not have to open it up to apply a drop simply add a drop onto either side of the machine where the axel is exposed. The light will shine through a plastic bag with little distortion depending on how you bag it or what type of cover your using. Most artist dont bag there lights just the machine, and clean there lights with madacide. That is one of the main reasons the light can fold back so artist who dont care for it or prefer to bag there machines wont be bothered by it. Its a accessory not really a necessity. They will be available in a few months. Im shooting for January but would really like to get them out before xmas.

*Skinmech- The foam suppression washer was never a biohazard issue, Its washable and even autoclavable but its internal or recessed, how is a internal component any danger to contamination to your client? If that part was to be contaminated thats not a manufacture defect thats called not being careful. But shit happens and thats why its there to prevent your motor from getting any direct contact with bio hazardous fluids. I will admit there was alot of flaws in the begining of the Centri's journey around the world, but thanks to our users we have nailed all of them out. Im sorry your experience was not what others are experiencing with the Centri. First thing Jcarlton told me out of the gate, "Its impossible to please everyone" Which i understood then and fully agree with now.

But that doesnt mean i cant stop trying!!!

*FK - I will send you a pic of the tension wheel in its raw form and you will get a better understanding. Its alittle confusing to put into words. But this component also took over the job as the stroke adjuster aswell. HUGE IMPROVMENT! i will admit the previous stroke adjuster was not a good design at all and was a big factor in the centri's inconsistant performance when the user would try to use it to make adjustments. I will call you later and go over it with you. Maybe get your oppinion on its design.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! More pics to come with light extended with a full setup to understand it better.
    Hi Mike..So you admit there were inconsistencies with the first batch of Centris, to quote "The internals are refined and all inconsistancies have been illiminated, the foam has been replace with a silicone O ring and its maintanance is little to none now"

I need to ask why did you keep selling/updating the Centri if you knew there were inconsistencies, and lets face it, the update you talked about was nothing more than "providing some foam pieces" ..Why did you not produce 20 Centris and throw them out for Market Research,I truly believe that the Original Buyers funded your next batch/build of Original Centri Machines..The Centri was plagued with issues, from inconsistent running to stopping intermittently, I won't even mention the soldering, please remember I had two of these machines, not just one.

To Quote "The light will shine through a plastic bag with little distortion depending on how you bag it or what type of cover your using." Pretty sure the Cover will be Plastic, I was trying to think of other options. Quote "Most artist dont bag there lights just the machine, and clean there lights with madacide." This light is retractable, so if you don't bag it all the shit will be retracted into the machine, and what's the point of washing a light with madacide, you are as well cleaning the whole Machine...most people bag there Machines Mike, the light of yours kinda reminds me of a Solar Powered Torch...

Moving on to my Favourite Part.. Quote "*Skinmech- The foam suppression washer was never a biohazard issue, Its washable and even autoclavable but its internal or recessed, how is a internal component any danger to contamination to your client? If that part was to be contaminated thats not a manufacture defect thats called not being careful. But shit happens and thats why its there to prevent your motor from getting any direct contact with bio hazardous fluids"...For anyone who hasn't used a Centri, the Foam Suppression Washer is a piece of foam, approx 1.5" by 1.0"..Which is placed in the area where the needle bar nipple moves up and down...Unfortunately, due to having to service "my" centri every 30 mins/60 mins, these foam inserts became contaminated with the breakdown of the shitty solder job done on the components. So when I removed my Bag, small bits of Foam would fall everywhere...I bag my Machines,however, it wasn't contamination from BBP, CC or ABV which was my main concern, it was the breakdown of your, drive mechanism, and workmanship, or lack of it.

I am sorry to be blunt, I am sure there are many of the 100 users of the Centri who are happy with its performance, and tbh, just as many who are not.I always try to find the best in anything, sometimes it is hard, and every once in a while impossible. I will sum this up, very quickly, and I don't want to bring on any haters, however, I owned Centri #29 and#31 (if I remember) and both Machines, I felt were released without market testing, I felt like a Guinea Pig using them, and the Free Upgrade/Update was nothing more than a token gesture..I have always said, there is a great Machine (somewhere) in the Centri, this might be it.......And rather than the Centri becoming a Collectors Piece, maybe Mike will trade them in on this New Centri...Only Saying.......PeaceP.
    Last edited by skinmech; 11-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot to quote the last part, "You cannot please everyone" I already apologized for your bad experience that you had. And im sure there are many others who were not satisfied. So whats your point? You didnt hear about the 2011 honda accord having a recall? those cars been around for years! I dont see guinea pigs driving them nor did i hear of a free 2012 trade in. If you want to start a thread thats all about dissecting the Centri's first batch then go right ahead but please this not the thread to rant. Ive bent over backwards for my customers and will continue to do so but i can only bend so far. Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    You forgot to quote the last part, "You cannot please everyone" I already apologized for your bad experience that you had. And im sure there are many others who were not satisfied. So whats your point? You didnt hear about the 2011 honda accord having a recall? those cars been around for years! I dont see guinea pigs driving them nor did i hear of a free 2012 trade in. If you want to start a thread thats all about dissecting the Centri's first batch then go right ahead but please this not the thread to rant. Ive bent over backwards for my customers and will continue to do so but i can only bend so far. Peace.
    Honestly Mike.......FFS...The answer is in your first sentence..Quote "You cannot please everyone" I already apologized for your bad experience that you had. And im sure there are many others who were not satisfied. So whats your point?".....Mike, simply put, My point is the first batch of Centri's were not fit for purpose, you bench tested these on the first group of buyers, who, I suspect financed your next batch, once you realised the issues concerning reliability, consistency you offered a Free upgrade/update, which was basically inserting a piece of Foam, to try and prevent all the shuddering, and suppress vibration...To be honest, tell me, and all the other Centri owners, what the "foam suppression washer" actually did...

Your analogy of using of using a Motor Car/Auto mobile is very accurate, please remember I had two Centri's not just one, yeah I would associate the Centri with an old Banger, not a Honda....OR MIKE IF YOU TOTALLY BELIEVE IN THE CENTRI BECOMING A COLLECTORS PIECE, YOU COULD DO A TRADE-IN.......
    Peace,P.

I would just like to add, I appreciate the Research and Development that goes into every new machine, there is a Great Machine in the Centri..This might be it.
    Last edited by skinmech; 11-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only gripe I have with a builder coming out with a new machine so fast is that maybe their could be a upgrade swap option for us guys who want to trade last years model in on a down payment for this years model... Haha can't wait hopefully I'm not broke when its released..

Post Thanks / Like
    I think an internal upgrade to the originals would be nice. However knowing that not a lot were produced of the original batch will make me consider keeping mine. I happen to really like mine. It is a quirky machine, I would love to hate it for being so odd. Fortunately when I get it running just right, I have done things with it that seem impossible. Like one pass color on an elbow that healed bright, like really bright. Or solid color in the ditch that healed perfectly. I think the more versions the better they will get. Good luck, and I hope to eventually try the new machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure Mike, will surprise us all....

Post Thanks / Like
    As cool as I thought the first one was I wouldn't buy another. I clearly remember tinkering and tinkering .... Which was the whole reason I bought a rotary was to get away from that. Is the new one going to be 600$ too
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he said $450, which is a much more reasonable price and another thing I like about the new one. I for one really like mine, and it has it's quirks for sure but this new version seems to address the issues I had.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    It looks so cool !! Death to blorgons !
    Lol!

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    He said 475$ for the last of what he had of the originals. Which I still wouldn't pay. Micky sharpz 300$ both machines I bought tattooed perfectly for the last 4 years. For 600. I expected a lot more
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation