Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkocevar1 View Post
    He said 475$ for the last of what he had of the originals. Which I still wouldn't pay. Micky sharpz 300$ both machines I bought tattooed perfectly for the last 4 years. For 600. I expected a lot more
    I would gladly pay $600 for another Centri. It tattoos circles around the Micky Sharpz is used for many years. Don't get me wrong, Micky Sharps makes a solid machine but the Centri is the closest thing to perfect I've used. Color, shading, hard or soft it nails it all. Took a little bit to figure out the way it works but It does exactly what I want every time. I can't say enough good about my Centri.
    $475 is a steal... Just my opinion.
    Centri, HM La Pinta, Neotat Vivance/original, Diablo Swiss, kami & hybrid, Stealth Lite, Dragonfly (real and fake), Neuma hybrid,

Post Thanks / Like
    Well again it's all opinion. I expected a lot more of a consistent machine. I did some solid work with when it worked well. I really liked it for bng. But when I buy a tattoo machine im thinking terms of a daily driver something I'll always want to pick up. It just wasn't my thing. As far as tattooing circles around Micky sharpz.... I doubt it. Those are the Most consistent "acting" machines I've bought other than my neo tat, stylus and the hawk I got. It's hard to feel good about a 600$ machine you don't want to pick up cause you never know how it's going to act. But I'm glad you like it and wish the builder the best
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read a few things about the Centri being inconsistent tonight. I've never had that problem. Except for having to clean and use the spray on the inside a few times when I first got it. It has always done exactly what I want it to. I can get real soft graduations of color, solids and gray washing. I can run it real soft and get a nice punch.
    Running circles around may have been a little bit much... My Sharpz ran great for several years. It is still in the safe as a back up color machine. Might still use it if it didn't weigh a ton and wasn't so loud. I'm to old for the weight and all that noise...
    Centri, HM La Pinta, Neotat Vivance/original, Diablo Swiss, kami & hybrid, Stealth Lite, Dragonfly (real and fake), Neuma hybrid,

Post Thanks / Like
    All I'm saying is for the price tag.. It should have been running perfectly out of the box. The weight of it was a real nice feel
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkocevar1 View Post
    All I'm saying is for the price tag.. It should have been running perfectly out of the box. The weight of it was a real nice feel
    Mine ran like a top out of the box. After about 20hrs it slowed down so I cleaned it like the video Mike made showed how to do. Did that a few times and haven't had to do it again in months now.
    I also paid a lot more for a full neuma set up. Think I had 3+grand into that. Loved them too but the noise was driving me crazy. Compared to 3grand $600 was cheap. It is not only a matter of opinion but prospective as well...
    One of my other favorite things about the Centri is that the power cord comes off the top. It is so nice to have the cord up and not dragging behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had my centri for over 4/5 months once used it with good effects but the motor went and mike went out of his way to replace a motor the first time it was my own fault why it went the second time as I was running it to fast as I got it second hand I never knew how many volts I should be using. I've had a play with the internals I know how it works but the motor is the let down just not strong enough, not the theory. I think it's one of the best ideas so far but yes not enough testing and destroying was done to find its weak points but like most people who have a good idea its down to money, you need a good amount to get a radical machine like the centri to work. Perhaps mike should have take his idea to a bigger machine builder to get them to raise the cash for the r'n'd then done a deal on a percentage of machines sold? I haven't given up on my centri even though it sit in a box in bits I will get a new motor and start again. I totally love the idea and the theory behind it, & I do think in time it will be the way to go once more investment in that idea. A 12v motor? Or a circuit board to protect the motor from being burnt out? Who knows! But one thing I am sure is the centri once the problems are ironed out it would give any machine a run for it money.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    i love my centri. i love how even after some (nameless) on here were appeased by Mike, who is a good dude, you are still tryin to smear his name into the red. if this machine is so "bad" i guess your the retard for buying it with out doing your research. i have had no issues with the centri besides a voltage spike i caused. Also, the upgrade is more definately more than just a foam insert. He has taken every action above and beyond to satisfy customers. Give the man a break and stop bein so damn bitter. What have you done lately outside of trolling a forum? its trial and error in anything in life.

bottom line, the new centri is even more dope than the last and bugs are all worked out. i cant wait Mike!

8. Thanks Stripe thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike has been sending me some technical drawings. I can say that this version is going to make a lot of people happy. This machine is unique on its kind. The whole mechanism is unique.

People that buy a product for the first time have to know that the product will always be better in the future. Compare the first iPhone with the last one for example.
    It does piss off when things don't got the way you plan them (for builder and customer) Even after so much testing you are going to find things to improve in any product.

Mike is a good dude I had the pleasure to meet him in person and discuss some subjects in rotary building.
    I have no doubt he learned his lesson and he wants to make it better this time.

Mike hit me up with whatever you need. I sent you an email regarding the tensioner idea with some input also regarding the vise.
    Good luck on this new version.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

10. Like Bishopbyname, BALA MACHINES liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never said mike was a bad guy. Never smeared his name. Definitely not retarded for wanting to try something innovative. Mike immediately serviced my machine after I had problems with it. Got it back still had problems. And that's enough to make me not buy a product again. Any product for that matter. When I pay out good hard earned money for something I have expectations of it. The centri had good points. But when I'm trying to tattoo a customer and I have to fuck with my machine for 20 minutes that's just completely unacceptable to me. Good luck with the next one mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoodup12 View Post
    i love my centri. i love how even after some (nameless) on here were appeased by Mike, who is a good dude, you are still tryin to smear his name into the red. if this machine is so "bad" i guess your the retard for buying it with out doing your research. i have had no issues with the centri besides a voltage spike i caused. Also, the upgrade is more definately more than just a foam insert. He has taken every action above and beyond to satisfy customers. Give the man a break and stop bein so damn bitter. What have you done lately outside of trolling a forum? its trial and error in anything in life.

bottom line, the new centri is even more dope than the last and bugs are all worked out. i cant wait Mike!

For the record, Mike is a great Guy and his customer service is beyond reproach, that was never in question. It is difficult to carry out "ground work" or research on a new or innovative design prior to purchasing no matter what it is or it's function, simply because it has "little history" and limited feedback. All the issues raised, on the first Centri are fact based and genuine.....Once again, I have always said...Inside the Centri, there is a Great Machine waiting to get out...

It is hard to criticize a popular Builder, and not expect to get flack,however, providing any issues are fact based and genuine it can help improve the development.I believe to call someone retarded is out of order,but, you are also entitled to your opinion, hoever, unlike the othere posts on this thread it is directed personally.

I agree with Mike, it may have been better to start these issues on a separate thread, as they have nothing to do with the New Build, therefore, if Admin wishes, I will remove my posts, or if Mike wants to start another post, I will steer clear.
    Last edited by skinmech; 11-07-2012 at 04:24 AM.