Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brass Rotary Works seems to be losing a bit of power.

Hi... Not picked up my Rotary Works for a while now, has ive been hooked on my Dan Kubin machines. Anyhoo I recently set up my Rotary Works to do some work on a piece and it seemed to slow down slightly. Im not sure if I am imagining this though. Its seems to change sound slightly when manoeuvering the machine around, and on low volts 2/2.5 it slows down significantly when I put some thumb pressure on the needle nipple.

I dont really want to pester Dale if the machine is running ok. Its just that I cant remember how it ran when I got it. Ive used a few rotaries since then which may have changed my thoughts on how I remember how it ran.

Just wondered if anyone knows what I am trying to say, and has had this issue?

Its the 6 volt motor btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to point out the possible obvious, but check your cable first. I had a problem recently that was very much like that and it was my cable loosing connection from damage. Also if this is still set up for clipcord usage maybe try flipping your connection around. Is the motor spinning clockwise? Anyways these motors are not expensive, if nothing else seems to work there are a few places on the forum where people have posted about replacements for these motors. Typically about 10€

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny enough I have recently pm'd Dale about a similar problem.
    The machine is slowing down and it seems as if something is loose inside the motor housing as it changes to a grinding pitch when moving the machine.
    I have stripped, cleaned and lubed regularly as well as trying other power/clipcord set ups.
    Let us know how you get on mate.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It needs a new motor-send it to Dale and he'll deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for the replies. I use the clip cord daily. Its a talon cord so its not cheap shit. It runs my other machines fine. I recently went back to clip cord as I got sick of different machines and cords having different fitting RCA plugs. I might get a new clipcord just to make sure, but as im almost certain its not that, I will message Dale if it continues. The machine is only 8 months old and its not used daily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mozzer im having the same problem with my alloy rw that i bought a couple of months ago funny thing is it only happens when i use my lab supply it starts the same as u described but when i change it to my backup supply the hurricane i know its a knock off but its fine on that supply
    Last edited by acink; 11-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    had the same prob but i loosened the motor screws slightly and it sorted the problem out

Post Thanks / Like
    Im using a Critical CX-1 that has run every rotary ive owned and it was always fine with the rotary works. It was sat in the drawer for a while and I put it down to lack of use, but im convinced it has lost a bit of power. Gonna try it with a new clip cord when I get chance, and see what happens. Failing that i'll message Dale and ask his advice. Cheers for the tip Boaz, but im gonna refrain from loosening screws for now. I dont want to mess with anything till ive tried all the no brainers, and after that speak to Dale.

9. Like boaz liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please pesta me not been on for while had a family member die ... If its not working proper let me know I,d want to get it sorted a few things to check 1 are you using rubber gromits /2 how many bands you using . 3 what motor is it ?4 make sure it's oiled .. 5 as said before try screws that hold motor ,,6 get a hammer hit it hard .. If that don't work send it back ... Ok skip no 6 .... Maybe ... Eliminate the 5 first ... Let me know ..

11. Like boaz liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up Dale. I use paper towel grommets. I use 1, size 14 band. Its a 6 volt motor and Ive lubed it using super lube and Instol. Im going to try it using a new clipcord and I'll try altering the screws. I'll update this thread later this week.

Cheers again