Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the reason I asked. So if I read your post right a straight motor swap will be possible without a new base plate ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you could put the motor in a stock stealth. Just search eBay for the number.

Post Thanks / Like
    v nice OD in fact i will give this a try ...not used a stealth for ages any tips on the mod mate

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a guy selling replacement vices on here I while ago. Or you could get one made at a machine shop. The a-bar is cut from bar stock. Glad you like it. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not gonna lie love my stealth, i use mine for every color piece i do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never loved the stealth until I rebuilt this one. I almost hated the stealth in its original form. But this monster is a power house now. The better motor really helped a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a few that i use constantly. two of them i got motors from dan kubin and put in, also i punched out the a-bar pin and put a shim washer on either side of the a-bar at the bottom, and superglued (!) shim steel pieces onto the parts of the frame at the top where the a-bar passes thru, thus eliminating the "rattle'' they seem afflicted by...tightened them right up but with no binding either. also i cut off the useless steel bars on either side of the crank, and had real vices made for them. considering i got the machines for free from a disgusted co-worker, and only spent on dans motors (vices were a tattoo trade from a buddy at a machine shop) , the difference is amazing. a third one has the same improvements, but with a 5mm crank. which lines with big groupings like a fat sharpie. the 4mm is now my favorite liner, and i swear the 3mm is my favorite tattoo machine for black and grey or portraits ive ever used. i dunno if the motors i got from dan are mabuchi, but they definitely run WAAAY smoother and a bit faster. the 5mm seems to like the o.g. stealth motor better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you did a lot of nice work making them in to something nice. I would really like to see pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they work nice but they are not pretty ha ha...apparently my painting skills are lacking-either that or aluminum is real hard to spray paint. But I'll post a pic when I get to work today

Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward to it. The painting isn't the part that I am most interested in. It's the technical bits. I eagerly await.