Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should probably reach out to Arte and remind him he could talk about the machine here. He never seems to reply to any of my emails... if you know him send him a link to this thread.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bottom line guys is you can only make a well so many ways-yea sure you can change a tread and the whats it made out of etc-but its job is to go round n round just like a machine is to simply make a needle go up and down.
    So that being said I feel we are at the point with rotary like coils that companies will try to make a superior product that performs well over n over.We dont even know the internals of the prodigy or the beast yet.
    All New concepts will be based of what company have learned from themshelves, tattooers and other companies.The term for this is called "forward progression of collective thoughts & shared ideas"
    I feel the beast is a great idea as it actually puts the tube under the frame/needle mount without have to use groms,bands,tensioners etc or having to cut off the loop like others before. It also has refined the motor with it being smaller/compact then the fly,neuma, halo. this model has also taken past ideas from there other past machines such as the Tyranno.
    The prodigy looks to be a refined version of their fly, bizarre v2, and concepts learned from other machines.
    I my shelf think its great to get alot of different version/styles of machines as know I can find a machine will conform to me not the other way around.If you look at tattooing in the last 5 years it has leaped ahead with all kinds of styles of tattoo that was never thought possible. This has all been possible with the advant of rotary and learning and using ideas. Hell even coil builders are making all kinds of frames with different ways to make it work. Years ago these build would have been laughed at and discredited as garbage. The problem with china is when they make a cheap copy and try to use your name,description,logo..
    You are going to see better machines coming from china as they are learning quick and they will be on par with others in the next year or so. If companies were smart like I have said before they would lic. models that are good but abit lower quailty/less features just like guitar parts such as bridges etc. This way you know what you get & both sides make money and there is different price points so you can afford a good machine but not the best unless you pay the premo price.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    People keep saying bishop but that is just a NeoTat in hipster clothes.

Truly I am interested in the beast as well. Not for the looks. Sorry I don't think it's very pretty. However the needle lock sounds like a great idea. I like that idea.

4. Like johndameart liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    People keep saying bishop but that is just a NeoTat in hipster clothes.
    haha so tru! they both almost run the same to me that is why i like them both!

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Slick hit the nail on the head, how many coils look identical but hit completely different? Too many to count. I'm looking forward to seeing new innovations like the centri and Johns magnetic but we need these refined versions of existing operating systems available as well, so to all the builders out there beat the horse until its perfect in every way and bring the prices down on older versions so china makes less off of their thievery. It's a fine line because builders improve off of builders but no reputable builder will clone a machine and undercut. That being said I'm sure with this interchangeable motor system that stigma has now, we can surely expect new bodies that will accommodate them. Means less money out of pocket for us artists so it seems like another step in the right direction. Gaston took it, now stigma, I'd say they are on to something good for everyone.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by slicksteel; 12-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus the bolt motor makes it easier to replace a motor than trying to chase a builder to replace one for you, which 9 times out of 10 is a pain in the arse most are interested in selling new machines. Someone on here should sell motors to replace burnt out ones.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i love the idea to sell motors here ...i would like change my maxon to a faulhaber

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta admit Stigma are doing a great job in developing their machines...These new ones look awesome...Infact Artemis should send me one to try? ha ha...Joking aside i can see me trying these babies when they are released....I have some great memories from my first dealings with rotarys and the joy when i recieved my Mk1 versions of the hyper....man i loved those original hypers! and they set me on the rotary path....

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Artemis is the king of rotary, always say this....