The bottom line guys is you can only make a well so many ways-yea sure you can change a tread and the whats it made out of etc-but its job is to go round n round just like a machine is to simply make a needle go up and down.
So that being said I feel we are at the point with rotary like coils that companies will try to make a superior product that performs well over n over.We dont even know the internals of the prodigy or the beast yet.
All New concepts will be based of what company have learned from themshelves, tattooers and other companies.The term for this is called "forward progression of collective thoughts & shared ideas"
I feel the beast is a great idea as it actually puts the tube under the frame/needle mount without have to use groms,bands,tensioners etc or having to cut off the loop like others before. It also has refined the motor with it being smaller/compact then the fly,neuma, halo. this model has also taken past ideas from there other past machines such as the Tyranno.
The prodigy looks to be a refined version of their fly, bizarre v2, and concepts learned from other machines.
I my shelf think its great to get alot of different version/styles of machines as know I can find a machine will conform to me not the other way around.If you look at tattooing in the last 5 years it has leaped ahead with all kinds of styles of tattoo that was never thought possible. This has all been possible with the advant of rotary and learning and using ideas. Hell even coil builders are making all kinds of frames with different ways to make it work. Years ago these build would have been laughed at and discredited as garbage. The problem with china is when they make a cheap copy and try to use your name,description,logo..
You are going to see better machines coming from china as they are learning quick and they will be on par with others in the next year or so. If companies were smart like I have said before they would lic. models that are good but abit lower quailty/less features just like guitar parts such as bridges etc. This way you know what you get & both sides make money and there is different price points so you can afford a good machine but not the best unless you pay the premo price.