Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    Hopefully its not the same tube vice when it comes in serie !!!!
    I can only suspect it will be the same as its older sister.

brick-32.jpg

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm naming it "clubfoot"
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the whole rotary thing will die down in a year are so and everybody will jsut use what they like in stead of the jump on the bandwagon thing. I personally don't like rotarys for large scale color work at all. You cant beat a well made coil machine like a FKI for that. But i do like rotarys for bng and small fineline work. althoe alot people like to do like 20 layers of color in one spot with rotarys. they are just another tool to me.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off, this is not a straight accusation to the people mentioned here, but instead, a general statement.
    Here is my take about it:
    It's good to see people come out with new stuff. The more options we have the more we get inspired but at the same time, I see a lot of rushed products lately (non of those builders are members of this site!). Like if certain builders have the need to come out with something quick to bank out some dollars out of the hype.

A rotary or coil tattoo machines are just tools.
    I love to work with variety. I think rotaries suit very well for certain stuff just like coils do.
    Swearing by one machine style only is limiting yourself to other great tools.

5. Thanks Administrator thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rotaries are finally making progress in the tattoo community. The more people use them, the more people will come up with ways to improve on them.
    Those rotaries they had look pretty neat..doesn't look like they reinvented the wheel, but still something new.
    not everyone likes the hyperspace look..

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines TATMATIC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    im sure paulo will copy someones and resell it .... :\

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    First off, this is not a straight accusation to the people mentioned here, but instead, a general statement.
    It's good to see people come out with new stuff. The more options we have the more we get inspired but at the same time, I see a lot of rushed products lately (non of those builders are members of this site!). Like if certain builders have the need to come out with something quick to bank out some dollars out of the hype.

I love to work with variety. I think rotaries suit very well for certain stuff just like coils do.
    Gaston, I have to give you a lot of credit. Rotaries aside its nice to see EVERYTHING new you make. You swim up stream with your ideas and work. I look forward to seeing what you debut in regards to a rotary machine and hope it does function as a good companion to the rest of your lineup. I guess the rushed stuff with many of these companies will all come out in the wash. The hope is the majority of professionals purchasing this stuff will gravitate towards well thought out well executed design and good quality/craftsmanship the same way they hopefully would when choosing a good coil machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kubin View Post
    Rotaries are finally making progress in the tattoo community. The more people use them, the more people will come up with ways to improve on them.
    Those rotaries they had look pretty neat..doesn't look like they reinvented the wheel, but still something new.
    not everyone likes the hyperspace look..
    Not reinventing the wheel but there are a lot of builders on this site, your self included Dan that are making that wheel way more interesting and comfortable. The more R & D put into all of this the better. This is a good step for the industry that has had tools that have not changed (up until the last decade) much since the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

Well said indeed.

but with all the so called different ones, it can make it more confusing on which one to at least start out with.
    Like myself is a good case in point, one reason why I came here and two asked the question on differences.
    and I really don't care for the 'celebrity' named items. It's becoming a bunch of infomercials.

I intend on buying a couple from some people, at least two if not three of the builders are right here, and
    I'd like to build some for my own pleasure, not for production sales.
    Rattus
    Tattooer, Business Owner, Mad Scientist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://rattydaddys.com
    Tattoo Supplies and Aftercare for the Discerning Artist

http://expressionsofrattus.tumblr.com/
    My blogging action

Post Thanks / Like
    There are alot of nice rotarys coming out and its tough to decide which ones to buy, thanks to this site i feel more comfortable purchasing new euipment. I think customer service should be on the top of the list when buying anything new, hopefully Gatson will be making a rotary soon, this dude's customer service is excellent.