Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ikarus Rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    Also curious about this review. Mick-
    hey Mark there was a post awhile back about this machine... the builder doesn't tattoo but his girl does..thats why he made it. he is a real nice fella. he joined the forum but everyone was bashing his machine because of the video and tattoos being done that were not that great. I own one and it is actually a well built machine for 180.00 bucks..runs good about 10v I have a 3.7mm and he made me another bearing at 2.5mm. I like tattooing with it..I use my bishop most of the time or my nedz. but was not disappointed in this machine and they are affordable if someone was looking to get into rotary's and don't want to drop 500.00 in a machine. hope this helps...he also has a DD version also
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    My personal opinion is the design is not terribly well thought out. The thumb nut and tube vice look like they will be a pain to operate, particularly for disposables. The armature bare nipple to tube vice length is short limiting the types of tubes you can use and how much you want to tuck. Its clean looking otherwise and it looks inspired by other established builders. the one interesting thing is if the cam arm will bend or collapse a little under pressure. The slit and hole in the middle give this impression.
    the tube vice and thumb nut are a very well made..and I use disposables and SS tubes and have never had an issue....the cam arm is a harder thicker plastick then what is on the mini cranker.
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like

Ikarus Rotary?

So my new version with the adjustable stroke arrived today. Haven't tattooed with it ( I have 30 mins before my next appointment so I will today ), but I ran it and it is quiet with a lot of power. I was surprised how powerful it feels. There is pretty much zero give, but I might switch out the grommet for silicone for the first run and that will add about 2% give haha. All in all it is built really nice and I am very impressed with the thought put into it. It is a tad heavier than I expected but not so much that it bothers me. I think I will do a full review when I get some time on it.

Oh and I ordered it custom and had it in my hands within a week. That is service!

4. Like R0st0ck liked this post.