Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ikarus Rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

Ikarus Rotary?

I happen to come across this machine while on Evilbay, just curious if anyone has any information or experience with one of these machines. The builder is from Slovenia. Thanks Mick-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My personal opinion is the design is not terribly well thought out. The thumb nut and tube vice look like they will be a pain to operate, particularly for disposables. The armature bare nipple to tube vice length is short limiting the types of tubes you can use and how much you want to tuck. Its clean looking otherwise and it looks inspired by other established builders. the one interesting thing is if the cam arm will bend or collapse a little under pressure. The slit and hole in the middle give this impression.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by R0st0ck; 01-06-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english,i am to old to learn it anymore perfekt....I think

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks interesting enough, I'm always curious about individual builders. I agree about the tube stem spacing, maybe a little more overall length would be nice. The thumb screw could easily be swapped though. I wonder what type of motor he is using and I don't see the cam arm being a problem if its milled aluminum, delrin or ptfe on the other hand I would prefer the cross notch to not be there as it would be a definite concern, especially with larger mags. He stated in the description that his running voltage is 9-10 volts, so could be mabuchi, if hes using a frugal quality motor. At $180 retail price you can rule out Maxon, Faulhaber, and Portescap, but who really knows anything could be under that hood.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice enough, sounds nice too, the motor might be ok, Dan Kubin for example can replace a motor for 20-25 dollars

Post Thanks / Like
    The Price is 180$ and the machine has an Mabuchi-Motor.....i think the price is okay
    Sorry for my bad english,i am to old to learn it anymore perfekt....I think

Post Thanks / Like
    Price sounds reasonable. Does look a bit like other machines too. But I would consider trying one.

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy who builds them is Mark Lemer. I have just bought one from him and should have it in a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turion def post a review on her once you got a couple hours of run time. : )
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    Looks interesting enough, I'm always curious about individual builders. I agree about the tube stem spacing, maybe a little more overall length would be nice. The thumb screw could easily be swapped though. I wonder what type of motor he is using and I don't see the cam arm being a problem if its milled aluminum, delrin or ptfe on the other hand I would prefer the cross notch to not be there as it would be a definite concern, especially with larger mags. He stated in the description that his running voltage is 9-10 volts, so could be mabuchi, if hes using a frugal quality motor. At $180 retail price you can rule out Maxon, Faulhaber, and Portescap, but who really knows anything could be under that hood.
    My impression of the cam arm collapsing was more if it would work more like a spring like it could be a little soft hit mechanism.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.