Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex lovers name

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry maybe im the dick here... but that screams cover up to me. If that's your solution - I suggest you don't do it.

The black over the e will just make the e darker, the P is jammed so close to the a, that it looks like its trying to hump it and the rest of it just makes it look like a cover up.

You may be trying to help the guy - but that looks like crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Sorry maybe im the dick here... but that screams cover up to me. If that's your solution - I suggest you don't do it.

The black over the e will just make the e darker, the P is jammed so close to the a, that it looks like its trying to hump it and the rest of it just makes it look like a cover up.

You may be trying to help the guy - but that looks like crap.
    Well, are you gonna help the guy out w/ a good idea for covering that huge name up? My recommendation is to get it lasered a couple of times & then it will be faded enough to not have to put something so dark over it.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting it lightened by laser is going to help for sure.

I would suggest stuff but the picture doesn't tell me where on the arm is it. I also didn't talk to the customer and have no idea what they are willing to get to cover it.

There's quite a few things that can cover that for sure - but where on the arm, what his budget is and what kind of tattoo style he wants and likes are all factors in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just one of those "you get more flies w/ honey than w/ shit" type of situations. Anybody can call Casey a worthless S.O.B., but the question is can you help the guy? Which is what he was kinda asking for in the first place I think.

5. Like zack_fa1r, casey, Scentless Apprentice liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    It's just one of those "you get more flies w/ honey than w/ shit" type of situations. Anybody can call Casey a worthless S.O.B., but the question is can you help the guy? Which is what he was kinda asking for in the first place I think.
    Like!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody can call Casey a worthless S.O.B., but the question is can you help the guy?.
    ???????????????????????????

Looking quite good upto now casey IMO.
    Last edited by devans; 01-15-2013 at 07:21 AM.

8. Like casey liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    He asked for thoughts etc. My thoughts are what I said - the crit was not in any shape or form insulting or a personal attack. If he posted a pic with a better idea where it was and asked for suggestions that would be one thing, but I got "what do you think of this" out of it - so I posted what I thought.

I really like this forum - but its peculiar that some of the crits are blunt and to the point and yet others say nothing. It needed to be said, for some reason no one said what I thought needed to be said. Someone posts a kick ass Hyanna and someone nitpicked regarding one of the eyes, and yet this is posted and no one says anything direct or any sort of crit.

We are supposed to be professionals - there are many boards I have and am a member of and this would have been an unceremonious tear down.

I was honest, gave my thoughts and did not get personal, fine I am a dick, whatever I still think this is not a good way to cover it, and if he wants to post more info regarding the client and the tattoo I would be more than willing to suggest some things to try to help. I said what I thought, I stand by it and I would be more than willing to help with better ideas etc, but I would need more info to do that.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said no such thing, he kinda asked for help and I kinda posted a crit. If he wants to respond give more info and looks for help I'd be willing to in a heart beat

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's that honey I was talking about. That was good. Didn't that feel better?

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I see is on a forearm (inside) copy the picture or ask Casey to send you a better one if he has and doodle your idea (if you think you have a better one). There is more than one way to skin a cat.Instead we look for more problems we should try to find solutions, is really handy to drop a critique, but would not just been easier to come with a better idea how to cover it ? You highlighted some bad points of this way of covering up this way, what would be your approach on this one excluding laser treatment?