Post Thanks / Like

Brand New to Rotaries

Hello all, I'm brand new to the tattooing game and looking to add rotary machines to my arsenal. I'm looking for input from everyone here for a reliable and affordable machine that will be a good introductory machine.
    Any recommendations are appreciated.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines possessed2sk8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Mike Metaxa rotarys. I do mostly traditional work so they work well for coloring and whipshading. I've seen some really great b&g work done by Mike himself so in my opinion they are a great all around at a really fair price. Plus Mike is a tattooer and puts in a lot of time and practice with his product before selling it.

Post Thanks / Like
    if u want a reasonably affordable linear tattoo machine , go for the Neo-Tat. It dont need to use rubberband on the needles. its runs real smooth and almost maintenance free, and there are 3 different stroke length to choose from. and lastly Ray is a awesome guy to deal with!

if u have more budget to play around with, also look into the Bishop by franco , or the Rapier, by tattooedpirate. these are sweet machines too!!

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without investing too much you have at least 3 solid choices;

The Blunderbuss from Cary the tattooedpirate,
    Rotary Works from Dale
    The Neotat from Ray

All 3 are forum members, they all make a great products, give excellent service and will be happy to point you in the right direction where there are multiple options.

There are other builders that make similar products but I don't have any personal experience with them.
    Last edited by The Limey; 02-21-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what kind of work do you do, and how do you like your machines to run?

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Metaxa and Dan Kubin make very good direct drive type machines as well (very reasonably priced too!) if you are after something very powerful and very simple as well. Most machines will take a little time to get zen with once you start with them. If you cant find your groove there are many people willing to buy or trade less loved machines on here if you cant find your groove with something new.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Limey when he recommends Dale's Rotary works. Though I don't posess one myself I just feel it might be one that's easy to make freinds with. If you go to Dale's Myspace page you will see the machines are obviously made by someone who takes pride,and those on this forum who have used these machines have achieved good results.At about £150 a very fair price,a good machine to start with and then you can start to build up your Rotary collection.I feel there is a little learning curve with each different rotary something that I personally enjoy.
    Welcome to the Rotary fever, good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Greatly appreciated!