Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also thats a 4.2 mm cam in the old 1.8 mm neotat. 3.5mm cam would obviously require even less work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I shouldn't have said you can't take it off but you shouldn't take it off because its balanced on the motor...I'm just saying what I was told by them as to why they don't sell them separately...I've had mine on and off before though as well.....
    Last edited by TattoosByRob; 01-09-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bishops are not balanced to the motor because the maxon is already balanced i believe. The cans are also sold separately. I never disconnected my neo tat drive. I just have the same series motor laying around because i've been playing with building my own rotary

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    The bishops are not balanced to the motor because the maxon is already balanced i believe. The cans are also sold separately. I never disconnected my neo tat drive. I just have the same series motor laying around because i've been playing with building my own rotary

so how does that motor run with the cam from bishop on it-does it run rough and out of balance?
    also the old neo- 1-8 -2.5 have a smaller port hole for the cam. the bishop cam should fit any of the new machines fine as the bearings/slider cutout are the same size. And the bishop 4.2 is smaller then the new neotat cams
    Last edited by slicksteel; 01-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just installed the bishop 3.5 cam on to the vivace no issues no vibrations and runs super smooth

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great news

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a crock of shit I got the same story from neotat about having to balance the cam wheel. I really don't like being lied to neotat lost my business . I'm not an idiot its one screw and takes under 5 minutes to do ... guess a bishop cam is going on this machine sorry for the rant I just am really dissapointed they straight up lie to there customers just for the sake of selling a motor ... I told them I didn't care if it voided my warrenty they didn't care and still said id have to buy an entire motor for 125 bucks well I'm mot throwing 100 bucks in the trash basically sorry neotat ill get my rotarys elsewhere

8. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    this sucks. kinda makes me back away from neotat a bit.

10. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup anyone wanna buy my vivace 3.5 I don't even want it in my drawer any more . I asked Karen what the balancing procedure was on them what tools they used etc . She went on to tell me it was "magic" fuck this shit imnsick of being lied to in the tattoo industry just so someone can make a buck well just so you know neotat by not selling me a 25 dollar cam you have lost much more because I will not be purchasing any machines in the future from you , giving me the run around , making up story's treating me like I don't know shit. The fact of the matter is the machine design is simple and simple to service for anyone u don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand a rotary machine lmao whatever ill stick with bishop or impact
    Last edited by joelhague; 01-16-2013 at 05:46 PM.

12. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems silly to lose customers and get a bad Rep over such a small piece of the machine I told them I know a bishop cam will work on it but id prefer to keep my business with them and the correct parts on the machine. They don't care basically said go ahead. What if someones cam was worn out what if it was faulty what if the motor is fine and the cam is not good to know u gotta spend 125 bucks. Each timeand have a drawer full of spare motors u will probably never get around to using