Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not been on the forum for many months …. have so many things going on in my life that just does not allow me the time to sit in front of a computer and chat, but this was brought to my attention and that I should look into this post, and fact is…. this issue has been a thorn in my craw for over a week now.
    First I want say that the motor and crankwheels are balanced together on each and every motor assembly. We could just slap the cranks on the motors and be done with it, but I have found that the tiny balancing “magic” makes a difference in the running smoothness. Maybe some artists can’t feel the difference, but I can and I WILL NOT, I repeat…..will not lower my standards and just slap them together….end of story. This is all about the quality of my product and when in the past when we offered the crankwheels for sale individually it caused more problems than not. I use a thread locker on the screws because I don’t want them rattling loose and where some of the screws can be removed by the customer, many cannot and the results at times have been a real mess. So to retain the quality of my machines, we don’t sell the parts separately…..end of story.
    I am sorry if offends people that we won’t sell this part, but that is MY policy on the matter. And if you think that it’s about money…..you are so wrong. In fact, my “Bean Counter” does not like my price of the motor cartridge assembly because “our” profit is too low on that product. Well, I set the price and it stands….and when I am told that we need to raise the price of the machines….I say no!
    Now, some may not realize that I have worked on my NeoTats for many years now, 9, and I have continually made new developments to the machines in order to keep making my machines better…. I am my toughest customer…..that’s the way it is. So I hope many of you can appreciate the time I have put toward a good product.
    So now the personal side…… When a customer who calls a company only to find a part is not available for sale, that person may be disappointed or even mad, but that is the way it is.
    Here we have a customer who purchased a used machine and contacted us about changing the stroke length to a longer stroke and he did not want to purchase a motor cartridge and does not want to send the machine back to us…..he just wants to buy the crankwheel and do it himself and was told the part is not a replacement part.
    So,
    Same customer spends more than a week via email not taking no for an answer but only getting pushier, that is not a customer service problem….in fact our customer service continued to politely communicate with this person…..but the answer was the same…..the part is not for sale. And when this person does not believe the end product’s quality of balance is the reason we don’t sell the part….and still will not take no for an answer…..this is not a customer service problem. And when this person still is going to get this part no matter what and can balance the part on his own and wants to know how we balance…. and we will not tell him how it is done…. he then goes on to say he does not believe that we actually balance the assembly and says it is all about money……this is not a customer service problem.
    I am offended when anyone of my team is called a liar via email or forum or whatever…… You are calling me a liar!
    Now I don’t care how entitled a person may think they are that I should tell them exactly how we do our balancing “magic” or how we make a part work…..It is my technical, my proprietory information and maybe I don’t need to share that knowledge. I share a lot more information than most…..and probably more that I should, but some things are kept secret.
    And I don’t give a rat’s ass if “magic” is not a proper technical term…..it’s what I call it…..and I’m sticking with it!

2. Like vodu liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if us Neo tat users need something changed? we can just send the machine with the price of the part thats needed? also, Im also wanting to know, if the clip where the needle goes eventually goes bad, Should we just send it in to you guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and the shipping. I take care of you guys where I can and stand behind the product. You don't know how many machines I have just updated parts when it came for a service for free.....even ones that were years old. It amazes me how many artists are afraid of taking the machine apart.....an if you want us to clean and service it, we charge what I think is a nominal fee...$35 plus the shipping back. And it does not take a month......I don't know where that comes from. I will admit that over the years there have been a very few that were held up, but usually those were ones that someone sent without a note or contact information.....I can't read minds.....please send me a note with what you want done and a way of getting ahold of you.....then we will make it happen.
    PLUS...
    I like to treat people the way I would like to be treated....with courtesy and respect. - Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    But please don't message me here or by Facebook.....I may not see it. Give us a call @ 928.473.4185, that's the best way.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly most artists are scared to take apart and service there own machine i am not i simply asked about the balanacing procedure and tools to do it to see if there is any grain of truth to it . Thats all i wanted to know then you respond with sayings its magic . What does that sound like to you ?.... treat me with the respect i deserve and ill do the same , this is not my first neotat machine nor my first rotary. Im dissapointed with this entire situation ray i have been turned off ever purchasing from your company again and that is not something that happens often . And not because you wont send me a cam wheel but because of how this was dealt with and dont act like its completly my fault because that is not the case i just wanted answers without bullshit that is all i dont care if you tell me how you balance just dont call it magic and sound like a fucking scam and make me out to be an idiot i have talked to many artists on the subject all of wich said there is no balancing . All i asked for was proof and maybe id actually pay to have it done i hate being ripped off as im sure alot of you do and its HUGE in the tattoo industry

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blame me because im the first one to make a stink about it out of the artists o have spoken too many have been pissed off about not being able to get parts they need for there neotat and were told the same thing on the phone so now what we are forced to either send it in or have a machine that sits around that were pissed off at even using because its not set up how we want and it gets traded away

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyways thank you for your time but i guess there is no solution that will work for both of us on this
    Last edited by joelhague; 01-17-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought a purple 4.2 Vivace I can't wait to get it. I keep reading they are great for lining.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They def are you will be happy thats why i wish mine was a 4.2