Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
Seems silly to lose customers and get a bad Rep over such a small piece of the machine I told them I know a bishop cam will work on it but id prefer to keep my business with them and the correct parts on the machine. They don't care basically said go ahead. What if someones cam was worn out what if it was faulty what if the motor is fine and the cam is not good to know u gotta spend 125 bucks. Each timeand have a drawer full of spare motors u will probably never get around to using
I would assume if there was an issue with the parts they would warranty it for you. Many manufacturers simply choose not to sell parts for multiple reasons. If a bishop cam wheel fits and it fulfills your needs what is the issue? There are multiple builders, relay and rotary that will prefer you send a machine back if you have an issue with it. I am not saying you cant modify your own stuff, its yours you own it but even Seth Ciferri will tell you that you should not do anything to his machines other than turning the contact screw. Many coil builders will tell you to send a machine back if you want it re-sprung. Easy to change a spring but it wont be the same machine they built for you to their standards. I think the whole point of having most of these systems that allow you to change the motor are that they are one unit and everything is made to match up (plug and play).