Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

neotat cam wheels

i got a 3.5mm stroke in trade i want to change it to 4.2 but i dont wanna buy a whole new motor that comes with the cam, just the cam itself, anyone have rays email?
    neotat #? my machine is the vivace

Post Thanks / Like
    From picture bishops cams look the same as neotats to me. Bishop sells his on his website. Not sure if it will work but it's a twenty dollar try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to contact Neotat about a similar request and they refused to sell me a cam only a complete assembled motor with a cam on it "The cam is balanced on the motor and cannot be removed therefore we only sell pre assembled motor/cam" whatever...........................

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is true. The big problem is when you want parts for a generation of macline that will not accommodate the change.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok well i opened up my vivace and them saying it cannot be removed is sorta bulklshit ,its got a little set screw on the cam wheels just like any other rotary it comes off no problem, does anyone own both a vivace and a bishop capo and is willing to check for me if they are the same cam wheels , i emailed neotat with no response ray hasnt been on here in months either so no point in messaging him, if they arte gonna give me this story about not being able to remove it and say i have to order a entire motor that i dont even need id rather not.. i know they look the same on the website id just really like to have someone with both machines check it out it will only take 2 seconds and i think will help a few users get the cams they need more easily... whats with neotats site also for such a popular machine there site and online store is really lacking...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the cams on the neo are bigger but the bearing that goes in fits in the slide area is the same.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    so is a bishop bearing gunna work on the neotat or ?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    id really hate to have to order a entire motor that is just gunna sit around and collect dust, thats annoying and seems more liek amoney grab then anything to me, why sell individual cams when we could sell motor+cam no one would buy the motors if they just sold the cams, until a motor burned out , and that doesnt happen tooo too often on a neotat

Post Thanks / Like
    The same question i have myself my 4.2 bishop showed up i'll take it apart and see how the bearing fits in my neotat. Then i'l post on here again

Post Thanks / Like
    So took the cam off the bishop through it on a mabuchi rg series motor i had laying around witch is what is in the neotats. It off by about a millimeter as far as i can tell here a pic. To me this seems like a very simple machining fix. uploadfromtaptalk1357771335861.jpg
    Can anyone with machining knowledge back this up?

I'm about 90% sure could pull this off with a vice and drill press