Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Cheyenne Bugpins (not really?)

I didn't see any discussion over this, so here it is.
    Cheyenne apparently against all tradition, doesn't believe 'bugpin' in tattooing means a smaller needle diameter. Instead their tapers are spiraled.

7r 0.3mm = 7r bugpin 0.3mm

Take a look:
    http://www.cheyenne-tattoo.com/uploa...ons_screen.pdf

This spiral info was told to me by Cheyenne themselves at the last Paradise, yet they couldn't give me any kind of technical effect information other than a pompous "Our engineers disagree and this is best" with a thick accent. Ok- sure. Spirals might do something, but I sure haven't been able to tell what they do. But why label them bugpins at all? Anyone have an insight into this?

EDIT: shit, wrong location. Move to Needles???
    Last edited by Gearphyr; 01-09-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, if they ARENT ((bug pins)).....They need to be labeled as such. put spiral needle configuration and explain on the needle choices..

Post Thanks / Like
    Weak
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    spiraled? so their needles arent actually any smaller, just machined smaller/longer tapers?

{7r 0.3mm = 7r bugpin 0.3mm} = ???
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    long tapers, in my experience are better than bugpins because they have a smaller diameter puncture, yet they are spaced out more than bugpins (because of the tappered. Bugpins are easy to overwork the skin because are small in diameter with very little space in between, producing more punctures/ over punctures as you move your hand.
    I agree that, if they are no bugpins they should be labeled as such.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

6. Like coltsr2, johndameart, Sarenity Tattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diameter AND taper are the same. The only difference is they're supposed to have a subtle screw shape to them in the taper.

My second question is.. wtf does that do?? More pigment implantation in shallow passes?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearphyr View Post
    Diameter AND taper are the same. The only difference is they're supposed to have a subtle screw shape to them in the taper.

My second question is.. wtf does that do?? More pigment implantation in shallow passes?
    Diameter and taper are not the same. Taper is the angle + length of the needle tip only. Diameter or gauge is the radius x2 of the stainless steel filament to craft the needle from.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Diameter and taper are not the same. Taper is the angle + length of the needle tip only. Diameter or gauge is the radius x2 of the stainless steel filament to craft the needle from.
    I know, I didn't click the right button to quote Seranity. I was trying to explain to Seranity that there is no difference in taper or diameter between Cheyenne's regular and bugpin needles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed when they came out that their diameter was listed as 0.35mm, where as some of their normal mags are 0.3mm. I've never tried them, but that didn't make sense to me. Thought it was maybe a typo

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i had the same issue when they sent me the bug pins it had me scratching my head.. im really not a fan of hawk needles i find there too fanned apart and give yeah alot of pepper and rusults in poor saturation. Needle jig .10 pins are awsome for colour blending and mithra .8 pins are great for black & gray. i do agree with gaston bugs can chew up faster but i find it hard to get the same result with anything but.