Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines directDRIVE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

She be called Molly....

Admin, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate if needed

Okie Dokie... I'm not really a thread staring kinda chap, hence not really being sure where this one belongs.

Those of you who know me know what I do; and know that I just quietly get on with it and do it - those that don't please feel free to read on... or not as the case may be

I thought it about time that I shared some of my tinkering and started a thread, and whilst rummaging through my pictures from last years machines I came across Molly! I had a lot of fun building her and I thought I'd share her with you fine people.

A chap from another forum saw my DD rotaries and asked if I would make him something a little different, and I said okie dokie! . His only stipulation was that it needed to look like it had been dug out of the ground! Oh, and that she be called Molly... With pleasure says I!

And so Molly was born!!

2012-08-28 15.24.07.jpg 2012-08-28 15.29.31.jpg 2012-08-28 15.28.56.jpg

Nothing much to say really other than I had a lot of fun doing something a little different, managed to set fire to my arm and my workshop in the process (note to self, shellac is bloody flammable, and sticky - think Victorian Napalm!) erm.... Oh! and the frame upright is a piece of World Trade Centre cast iron, dug from the foundation pylon blocks of the rubble that I *acquired some years ago.

I'll have a root around and see if I can find anything else interesting (I did have some olive wood that was literally from Hell, and some Nazi silver that went into a machine I'm sure of it??!) and welcome any and all comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Like jonpiper, Bruce Gulick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm.... if anybody can tell me how to delete that rouge picture in the 'attached thumbnails' window I'b be much obliged

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Golly Miss Molly, (someone had to say it) looks like she is a control knob from the Command Desk of Jules Vernes Nautilus..Very, very nice, what stroke is Molly...and I bet that was a bugger to drill...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bruce!

She be 3mm stroke P, from memory and wasn't a problem at all to drill - luckily the iron came to me as a billet, dug out of the concrete piles and cleaned up, but it was in round(ish) bar form, and was a bitch to slice into flats. The black chamferred edge you can see is the texture of the billet as it came to me, which I was keen to preserve and am very pleased with the effect against the mirror polished face.

She does indeed look a little steampunky! But in a grubby utilitarian way rather than a bells and whistles way me thinks

Post Thanks / Like
    damn good looking machine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    She is one of a kind. Forget breaking the mold this one had a whole new one! Love it.

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeap.. A total beauty!! Nice one!