Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Impact rotary overveiw

I finally got a 3.5 Impact rotary made by Kustom creations and liked it some much I just ordered another one.
    I must say if you like linear slide needle clip machines this is the cream of the crop.The best of the best.
    The machining is flawless with very tight tolerances . The fit and finish spot on with very nice high luster anodizing that has no light spots.
    The balance of this machine is great at a nice weight of 4oz that feels like 2oz as it has the perfect forward weight to help push in those needles.
    With this machine all you hear is the purr of the motor-the slider,cam frame are in perfect sync unlike some of the other slide type that are almost loud as a coil.
    What I like about this machine is you can turn it really low for stipple/whip work and it wont stall or choke up.You can also crank it really high and it does not seem like it going to fly apart in pieces due to all the vibrations/noise that a lot of rotary machines have.
    This machine has such a wide usable power band that you could pretty much do any style of work with it -line, shade, color blend, fill etc. with this one machine. Another thing I like is the chuck/thumb nut it holds plastic and steel tubes with ease and is very nice made with top of line thick nickel plating on the slider

The machines are made here in Cali at RPM which makes high end custom parts etc.The motor are custom spec'ed maxons.
    Customer service givin to me by todd (Kustom creations) and David(RPM) was top notch. They have both answered tons of questions I have had about the product over the last few months. In fact the machine was in my hands two days later after ordering it. Todd made sure it was exactly how I wanted it before even shipping out.

So I have owned and tried tons of rotary machines and I can say hands down this has to be one of the best rotaries made in the world right now for a very fair price-These could easily sell for 550-600 like other rotaries out thereImg_130114184559.jpgImg_130114184615.jpgImg_130114184638.jpg.
    I plan on getting two more as they are that good. If you can only afford one rotary or only want one this it!!
    here is some pics and I will try to do a short vid of it running with some needles mounted

here is the website :
    http://impactrotary.com/

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

2. Thanks Neo thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todd is truly a stand up guy and he makes amazing machines, like you said the attention to detail on his machines is uncanny. I truly agree with you when you said the cream of the crop when its comes to no frills sliders. Probably the most overlooked machine in the industry right now to be honest. He sells at such a low price point that he doesn't make much off these guys, and obviously is in it to provide artist tools not the money. You got yourself a gem there homie and I can't wait for the dart to come out, which i hear is pretty soon. Great review.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    my new sweet 4.2 purple impact20130113_131502 (1).jpg20130113_132032.jpg

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that Elvira! Hell yeah that machine looks pimp!

Post Thanks / Like
    It reminds me of a rotangi, I miss that machine. I gotta add one of these to my shopping list...

Post Thanks / Like
    Im more interested in the pen style rotary he is developing. Ever since he announced it I have been waiting for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    that one is going to be cool to and i will be getting one of those for sure-but I am telling ya these machines are dope and a must have in your belt of tools-and the new slider which has soft, med, and hard plugs will here in a week-he is going to offer both style slides and both running springs-
    so you will have hard as you can go with the standard slide and the next hardest will be the hard one on the plug slide and so on.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    It reminds me of a rotangi, I miss that machine. I gotta add one of these to my shopping list...
    I liked the rotangi to but this one is much better -this one has balls!-stronger motor and better design!! and a bit more weight but it is balanced forward to help push them needles in-also you can get the large thumb nut with a bored out hole or solid to suit your likes.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A quiet non DD whip shader (I hate pissing about with o-rings) would be nice
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    this impact can be turned down real slow and will still run -great for whips to

American Made Machines

[email protected]