Thread: Dark skin

Post Thanks / Like

Dark skin

Having a hard time packing solid black into dark skin guys.

It raises way too much, takes a ridiculous amount of time to heal and the most frustrating part is its so easy to over work!!!

anybody have a solution to this, anything to make that packing easier?

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are u using to pack with?..
    i find Neotat vivace 3.5 10volts good stretch and move fast is the best for dark skin, and use a 9curved mag i find smaller groupings like round shaders swell up more,

Post Thanks / Like
    i use my 4.2 bishop capo, round mags size 12 and dynamic ink, always have no problem on mixed race and white skin but dark just dont want to vibe with me.

any info on how to combat it like maybe use bugpin mags?? volts higher or lower? hand movement? anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    definitely don't use bugpins. i've found that if you crank your volts up and slow your handspeed down just a bit and get a good stretch on the skin it goes in smooth. i also use dynamic and am a fan of the bishop 4.2 for packing black. i think maybe just slow down a bit and crank your machine up and you should be good

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah voltage down, will combat swelling but definetly not bugpin's for solid black.

Post Thanks / Like
    i never use the bugpins for this anyway but thought was worth cancelling out, fluff you say turn the volts down but jon says turn them up!!! thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to run my machines wide open, everyone I guess tattoos different. slowing them down may work better for you. i know most tattooers slow them down for packing color but I like to fun fast and hard!lol I guess it's whatever works for you. Hope you get it figured out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i run my 10-10.5 for colour but if u move slow you will cause alot of trauma, hard to say..run it on your hand speed, dont be afraid to be adjust it on the fly if you done a good patch and its not going how u want, change it, go down 0.5v if thats worse go back to where u were and go up 0.5v lower volts slower hand speed, turn it up.. Turn ur hands up!

9. Like jonpiper liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hes back in friday for another piece so ill give him a blast then, thanks guys.

11. Like jonpiper liked this post.