Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Neo Tat Problems

Hi i have just trade to a Neo tat P with 20 hours under its wings and having a lot of trubles with this machines , the man i traded this from say that neotat are will know for make noise when the needles get a resistanse , but when i testet it the machines will nut run then i took i a part and clean it and lube it whit lube there was supplied whit the machines, now it can run when i bumb up the voltages to around 9 volt unloaded and suddenly its make a lot off noise run Down the voltages sound stops and when i goes up Again the noise comes Again if i press the foot pedal and shot off and on Again the machines will not run until i give it a Little Flick and so on. Is it the motor the is burn out ? I run The Neo on Eikon 400 or 200 or a labtek no differens. Can any body help me out. Jan
    Last edited by Jan Li; 01-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    most people run them from 7.5 to 11 loaded-I run mine at 7.8 to 8.8 for color n shading and 9.5 to 10.5 for line.
    I would check all wire connections to make sure there was not a motor swap or bad wiring-if they have not been messed with they should look nice soldered with with clear cover over solder joint.
    also check to make sure the cam/bearing has not been changed-neotat balances them and the are put on the shaft evenly and in the right shaft position-they should be put on with full strength locktite from the maker. sometime people take them off and dont put back on right.
    Also make sure there is no grease in slide spring - only put a little bit grease n oil mixed together in the slide back n sides and move up n down before mounting motor.
    Also make sure that powersupply is good one not one with meter for coils and that all of those wires have not shorts etc.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

3. Like Lynn mcnew liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running your machine unloaded will make it noisier, as it doesn't have any resistance, (think sitting in your Car,in neutral gear and revving the engine to 4000 Revs, your motor will be screaming,but, driving along at 60 miles an hour at 4000 Revs and you can barely hear the engine..That is because it is "under load") ...Get a 9rl, grip,tip and tube on it, clip it in and run at 8 volts for one minute ...Then increase to 10 volts for one minute, this will clear out any excess lube..

5. Like jonpiper, Brat, Lynn mcnew liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Skinmech and Slickstel, Thanks for the repply and the help you give. I have taken the machines apart and there is a lot of screwmarks on the motor there indicate a lot of mantaince, the cam whele is not tight up with locktite it just to loosen whit a allen key.When i look at the motor there is two Wheels on the cam the Little wheele with bearrings when i turn this around i can feel as there is iron pieces in this bearrings makes some noise and do not turn freely.My thaught is its have been taken apart before, i have Pictures of the motor and the bearrings but i have no clue to get it up here can i send the to one of you and you put it for me . Sorry for the spelling my Danish is the same way. Jan

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pm ya

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The motor screws may have been over tightened. Depends on the generation of the machine if the cam was lock tighted or not.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all reply its seems that the cam whele is broken in the Bearing its docent run freely. Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Jan Li, didn't know that. As I said in the trade threat, i never used it. Never took it apart or anything. This is how I got it, if you need to buy a new cam wheel I will be happy to refund you the cost of the cam wheel.
    Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Li View Post
    Thanks for all reply its seems that the cam whele is broken in the Bearing its docent run freely. Jan
    Shoot Ray an email they might be able to help you troubleshoot it or may have you send it back so they can make it all new again.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    U will need to buy a whole new motor as ray doesn't sell the cam's alone