Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

halo look alike?

So I found a knock off of the halo. Does any one on here own one of theses? If so I'd like to hear you opinion on how they run. From what I gather is that they are exact replicas of the halo(made from aircraft aluminum, Swiss made motors, three different stroke lengths,ect.) the only difference is the price tag of $100 vs $600 so I'm very tempted to purchase a few.attta
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-29-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: attachments removed.

2. Like BALA MACHINES liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only will you be wasting your money but you'll be supporting illegal patent infringement. You want a halo that runs like a halo then buy from Gaston. Mick-
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

4. Like tatu richie, Lynn mcnew, Neo, John liked this post.
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buying from a supplier that spells tattoo "tatoo" might be the first indication that you will be getting much less than you are bargaining for. I am pretty sure there is mention on here of gaston acquiring one of the knock offs of his own design and it not being even close to what he makes. Buying a few of these will likely only result in you not being nearly as happy as if you bought the original and i can tell house with certainty no one on this site will want to take one of these off your hands when you want to get rid of it.

Do a little searching on here using the term knock off lots of threads with friendly advice on smarter options to invest your money.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

6. Like tatu richie, Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats only cheap scrap ....that not nearly as running as the original, cheap inconsistent china motor with scrap springs and dampers ....
    a original maxon motor cost around 70 $ , the aircraft aluminium 50 $ ... now springs and a lot mechanics so you have a price around 200 - 300 $
    and now have to build all with quality .... you get what you pay

Post Thanks / Like
    It a shame !!!!!

9. Like BALA MACHINES liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crap crap crap. They may have 3D scanned all the parts and reversed to look alike. To put each Halo together it's an art itself. Each slider has to be fitted per machine. I can imagine what an under pay 11 years old from china can know about machine building. These people has copied every good rotary out there, yet you can compare the real thing to these knock offs.

This bullshit with copycatters needs to stop. It's unreal and aggravating.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You will definitely not gain & respect from anybody on this forum by buying cheap knock off's. The $100 that you would put towards an ill working knock off could go towards the real thing that can really help you in your work if used properly. The only thing the knock off's have in common w/ the real thing is that the look the same. If you used each one after the other you would easily be able to tell the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    WTF! Really?

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy a Stealth thats a knock off thats accepted by most people...

If you want to buy a couple of Halo knock offs you should rather buy 1 original and support the builder that puts his time and money into the design so they will continue to come up with new designs to make our lives easier.

14. Like BALA MACHINES liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Roman HM tattoomachines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    100% sure it will no be even close to the halo.... this is just a cheap copy of the original machine !!!! the maxom motor itself must be a copy!
    if you WANT a halo, BUY a halo , not a copy of the halo.
    an easy example....... would you buy a fake rolex??? if you want a rolex that means you value quality , why buy a cheap fake rolex .......
    i thought people were starting to get more educated on these issues.... i am surprised that this is even questioned here.....
    Roman