Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this forum is great.. thank you for all the responses
    1) fluffs tattoos. i have an all black ID on preorder also cant wait to get it
    2)skinmech. again your reviews and ur insight is greatly appreciated. i agree with everything you said.
    as for the grommet situation, I have been using paper towels, at first it was kind of awkward as it was new to me but now i use them on all my machines, i also use disposable grips and started wrapping the grip in paper towels..lol..
    I got the answer to my question, I think its come to a point were i need to stop jumping around to different machines, and just fine tune my technique with these machines and see all i can get from them. I saw a post similar were it may be hurting more than helping when i keep trying new things rather than stick with wats working for me. IMO.. Rotary Works and Nicks Rotary do everything with so much ease. just seems effortless when tattooing and makes it a pleasure to work with. I will say that i have a feeling those mini crankers all though i havent tried them wood complete my line up but a for now I'm gonna stick with my Rotary works and Nicks rotary . Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    papers good as grommets.. clean and shit. can use a shim or washer behind the grommet as well to prevent grommet butt-munching..
    Winds of shit...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    I bought a Slim Line RW couple of weeks ago and Im using it on every tattoo since either with a 9 or 13 mag for bng and coloring. In the beginning it felt like cheating because everything went so much faster in an instant and the results were just solid...

The only thing I didnt like was that I could use regular rubber grommets... But a tight o ring and some super glue did the trick ;-)

Attachment 16679
    Firstly, we nearly all own or use Rotaryworks, as Skinmech has said ,value for money they take the biscuit and Dale is a faultless gent to deal with. "THE GROMMET ISSUE" there isn't one-I always put my grommet in the needlebar eyelet first and then I give it a good squeeze with the pliers,and then I set it up with the tube and the machine,when you push it onto the nipple only go as far as to stop just short of the slide-piston housing or it will bind SIMPLES.

4. Like Deucalion liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I said something I didnt like its just something I wanted to change on my machine... I got to admit I didnt even try to run it without the o ring and I didnt want to use paper towel as well.
    Last edited by wildboy; 02-05-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    Well I said something I didnt like its just something I wanted to change on my machine... I got to admit I didnt even try to run it without the o ring and I didnt want to use paper towel as well.
    There's nothing wrong with the little o-ring trick,it certainly doesn't hurt and actually if you do use paper towel (which you don't like,nor do I ) it's probably best to glue a little o-ring in place. Someone on here actually took some nylon thread and tediously wound and glued it around the nipple to form a little ridge, no harm done and some people enjoy playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres another reason i love these machines. I contacted dale about a replacement motor for a springer i got in a trade. who knows how old or how well the past owner took care of it. I contacted him about the cost of a replacement motor and how much it wood be. He is gonna send me one at no charge that is top notch service.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    these machines were designed to work great with paper towel groms-they run so smooth with them-why dick with rubber ones.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer a "soft" gromm when running a RW for colour, and go for a "hard" gromm when lining..The paper towel is perfect as well, as like a soft gromm, it offers some dampening properties...Use what suits your style, it isn't law...LOL...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    these machines were designed to work great with paper towel
    Slick, are you telling me that before Dale designed his machine he sat staring at a piece of paper towel?.....................................only kidding my man,but what you said just tickled me.

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where to get the small o-rings from to fit on the rotaryworks armature bar?...