Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffstattoos View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the small o-rings from to fit on the rotaryworks armature bar?...
    Your local piercer should have em, as well as hardware stores

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffstattoos View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the small o-rings from to fit on the rotaryworks armature bar?...
    Plumbing section or piercer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 RW machines and I love them, I use paper towel, but Ive heard mention that putting a small fiber washer behind a rubber grommet it will keep from getting chewed up, I haven't tried it myself but thought I'd mention it. I ought to try some kind of needle stabilizer needle runner setup too, cause the corner edges snap rubber bands on me. I love the RW machines and Dale was great to deal with, top marks in my book.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    Slick, are you telling me that before Dale designed his machine he sat staring at a piece of paper towel?.....................................only kidding my man,but what you said just tickled me.
    haha pete! this comes from the main man himshelf-that is all he uses and designed the machines at first for himshelf. So I would think there was never any thought to make them work better for rubber groms which are somewhat new.I can still remember using tape on my coil abars. and peter i bet you did to as your old then me!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    is the give on the springer very good.. can it run soft?

Post Thanks / Like
    I found silicone tubing works for me. I can cut it to size and that way it doesn't touch the frame, so no shredding and no need for any modifying of the nipple of the machine.
    Last edited by aftw; 02-08-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    is the give on the springer very good.. can it run soft?
    i like it. with the increase in give the stroke also increases. u can use max give and it hits super soft. just like a coil really where u put ur finger on the armature bar to see how hard its running . same concept. u can touch ur finger to it an watch the needle back way off and im talking way off if u run it slow enough with max give. i think it a good introductory adjustable machine because it works great and a great price. if u find u like the give maybe an investment into more expensive adjustable is a good idea or just get another springer.lol. for me i learned i really dont need the give and usually used this machine for b and g with no give because at that setting i believe its 2.5mm. max give i believe is close to 5.. great machine IMO.. it really can do everything the standard RW does but has a lil adjustment if u like
    Last edited by tattood; 02-08-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    haha pete! this comes from the main man himshelf-that is all he uses and designed the machines at first for himshelf. So I would think there was never any thought to make them work better for rubber groms which are somewhat new.I can still remember using tape on my coil abars. and peter i bet you did to as your old then me!
    Yep I remember ,and I did do that,surgical tape you just built it up until the eyelet went on snug. Sometimes back then when you baught a new machine there was sometimes a wax coating on the nipple. It doesn't surprise me that Dale still uses some of the old tried and tested methods, he is the son of Dave Diamond after all.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep spauldings use come with that white tape on- ready to rock when they were new.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    2.5 is stardard? you sure thought it was 3.5... 2.5 would make it a b&g machine .. which is fine... thanks for your reply