Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea the same here with my gen7 motor. So in the end ive gone to maxon and done it myself, the long stem that all the swash part is attached, is only glued/bonded to the motor. Why it takes email and facebook messages and still nothing, but when I had problems with my whip, I was sent a super hard clip for nothing great service. So yes it's very hit and miss.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bottom line is that swashdrive have been making machines for something like 17 years now, people shouldn't be having silly problems with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder if they will make a stainless or bronze run of frames...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Wonder if they will make a stainless or bronze run of frames...

Exactly, f*ck the plastic, I can't be doing with that on a machine.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    like the tube vice breaking off ? plastic.. nope not doing it. Sorry but its simple ,I cant pay 400 or more, bucks for a machine that's tube vice can break off. Its one thing to cnc or have metal frames cast, it takes time and money and I get that but plastic machines just scream cheap to me. I really want to try and ego but I just wont because they are plastic.

Most of us would tell ya to pound sand if it was a plastic coil machine.. and yet rotaries are okay...

Im not trying to sound like a dick but I don't get it. I have never once held anything plastic in my hand and thought "wow that's one solid piece of workmanship"

6. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with the whole plastic thing but it got me thinking aren't glocks made of plastic and they are reliable firearms?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattood View Post
    i agree with the whole plastic thing but it got me thinking aren't glocks made of plastic and they are reliable firearms?
    Yeah, but I think the parts that take punishment on a Glock are steel though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plastic can be quite strong and durable a material, and Swashdrive uses the same type of high quality long fiber composite as Glock. It is also impact resistant and fairly lightweight as well as very vibration absorbative. All great traits for a machine but unfortunately doesnt hold threads as well as machine grade metals and the vise is the weak point on other swashdrives I've seen that've stripped out. They really should have a stainless steel threaded insert, just like the other plastic machines do. Not sure if this is to save weight or not but I feel the vise on a good machine should be almost overbuilt. Also, plastic isn't always the prettiest thing, and looks like it was mass produced. Really a just an aesthetic.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it looks fragile. Not a fan of so many little parts and clips and springs all over the place. One little knock and you'll be in trouble. Simple and reliable all the way for me, and it seems more and more people are moving away from give systems in favour of simple direct drive machines.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glocks reliability comes from the looser tolerances that the weapon is built with. The specs are not racegun fitted, this sacrifices accuracy but increases reliability...keeping in mind its still very accurate for a duty sidearm. Anyway Glocks reliability has absolutely no bearing on the reliability of a rotary machine. The plastic used can be called glass filled zytel, hmwpe, or a million other things but its still plastic, and there is one reocuring problem plastic rotaries bring to our industry...the vice. I stripped out my Gen 6 and it was just from a snug fit over and over again. No longevity with normal use, I am hoping Samyo sees this and realizes yeah maybe a 5 cent threaded insert would fix this. He is aware of the problem and disclaimers against it. it would take less time to fix than to write (dont overtighten)... With booger hooks like mine I don't have the patience or time to be worried about just enough turns and torque for optimum tube security without damage to the 1 piece molded frame! Wrench it down hard and tight and get to work. Don't make it fragile, build it like a tank and then armor it up some more, so many people complain about weight, how many grams? how many grams? lighter than a coil and built like a brick shithouse "sign me up" or light as a feather and as delicate as used tissue paper. Just fix the damn vice please. Mick~
    Last edited by MickWrath; 02-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net