Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been on Team Swash since 2006 and I can attest that getting a response from them has become spotty. I love my Swashdrives, but I am inclined to think that IP theft and piracy might have a lot to do with lack of support in some cases, I mean these days, ebay is posting up clones that have "SWASHDRIVE" emblazoned right on them, no respect at all. If a person buys this, do you think they're gonna get support from some dude in a hut by some chinese waterfall? No. So they run to the originator of said design for support. I wouldn't answer half the dam calls and emails either unless I knew for sure some kind of way your swash is authentic, if you buy the clone, you don't really respect the innovator. On the flipside of that same coin, these new rotaries hitting the market for an average of $550USD + are getting out of control. It's as if the technical minded consumer can't look at these things and tell right off that we're being taken to the bank on a nominal 15% design variation with each iteration. We all know the same song they're all singing:
    -Maxon motor
    -Japanese bearings
    -Adjustable give spring/cam/piston mechanism
    These parts can be had wholesale for less than 25% of the asking price of the unit. So the remaining factor is the machined frame, which really, they are all starting to fit the same geometric profile for needle handling. I'm not paying $500+ USD for a machine, even if there is a new era of rotaries in place, it's crazy now. I'll just say I'm glad I racked up on Swashes and can use them effectively to my satisfaction, and even then I spent $1600 collectively for all of them over time.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Samyo View Post
    Ok this is crap .. if there is a body that has broken the tube we replace that for the postage. And if someone has gone gorilla on the tube clamp and stripped it that we do for $50 plus the postage... again please get these things from the horse mouth and e-mail me direct.
    Im just going by what he told me - if you say otherwise, I shall give you the benefit and stop it. I had no reason to not believe him, maybe it was a bad communication, maybe the person he spoke to was in a shit mood, maybe he didn't want to wait.

I am willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, as I would like the same courtesy extended to me.
    Last edited by nivek; 02-19-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the time you design a machine and get all the materials, said machine will cost a lot more than you think! Believe me I'm in the middle of a new design as we speak. Part of the cost is yes the materials used. The next part of the cost is the person making it and spending his time and brain power designing it. Then a person would like to make a little profit off of all that work. So I will happily pay any price Swashdrive wants for their machines. Thank you Swashdrive for taking time out of you lives to make me a machine that is at the top of its game.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to introduce myself I am the newest member of Swashdrive and I am here to help to the best of my ability with any concerns and postal issues with Samyo So if you have any questions please email me at [email protected]

5. Like gautam, tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    is that needle tensioner added to the vice so you buy the vice set up and it goes right on ? if it is thats crazy cause i remember speaking to a builder (not this one) and telling him this idea haha i think it was cary, may still have it saved haha. Thats crazy , looks like a great machine too ! sorry to add nothing but this blew my mind and im just wondering

Post Thanks / Like
    Neo I spoke with Samyo and he said yes about that and it will be black not raw, and will be interchangeable with the slide and whip and I'm assuming the gen line, so you can purchase it separate for other machines
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome TJ, if you have any issues navigating the site please be in touch. Samyo has my direct email as well if you need anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the swashdrive site you can add this to cart now, is it ready for purchase??
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered mine (g8) today.

Post Thanks / Like
    guess thats a yes lol, I will be ordering mine in the a.m.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net