Post Thanks / Like

dragonfly modification and motor

hello everyone!!i just bought a second dragonfly with a broken motor...thinking of switching the motor with something different than the dragonflys so it will work different..maybe a motor so i could line with it..the problem is i have no idea with rotary motors..anyone can help???i dont want to buy the stingrays part.just switching a motor with a different one..

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the stingray part will not working on the dragonfly ... so you have to buy a other maxon motor , http://www.maxonmotorusa.com/maxon/view/catalog/
    you need 17mm / 12 or 15v ...a 216011 or 216010

Post Thanks / Like
    thank u for your answer...do u know if this kind of motor will line??should i do any more modifications???

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone else can help???im not trying to become a builder or something..i just want to have something made by me for me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Faulhaber makes a good motor. The DF uses a Faulhaber motor. You might find your power easier by stepping voltage down. Get the same motor in a 9v or 6v model. Typically the rpm range is a little higher. Although this will draw more amps and if you have a cheap power supply then it could be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks owls...i think im gonna keep lining with coils(sunskin) and buy an original motor for the dragonfly...i find all these with the motors too complicated..can't understand how different motors work

7. Like Wonderland liked this post.