Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: another face

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuinan View Post
    They may be exhausted, but they are also the most common issues so it's kind of a give and take thing. Glad to help entertain you on your long trip though ;-) I'll be in Detroit today too (I live close, don't judge) and getting a piece from Myke Chambers around 5ish, I hope to see some of you there.
    The strange thing about all of this is that since you being a negative Nancy about everything has been brought to your attention, you last 2 posts have been normal responses that explain your opinion clearly & nobody is pissed even if you don't agree w/ anyone's opinion. That's all anybody was really expecting you to do. Have a good time getting tattooed, hopefully you will post a picture of your new piece. I would love to see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not hiding behind anything here but will point out that in reality the drawing does have much more contrast and better midtones through out but ive managed to once again dilute them in my transferal to the pc screen, Any hows a nice little debate was had and i too would love to see your new tattoo and may you have an enjoyable day

Post Thanks / Like
    my question is do u scan the images or take a pic with a camera and load it on ur computer either way is hard to capture all the detail.

On a side note, i found Chris Guinan internet site and the work is really good nice and clean. really quite remarkable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattood View Post
    my question is do u scan the images or take a pic with a camera and load it on ur computer either way is hard to capture all the detail.

On a side note, i found Chris Guinan internet site and the work is really good nice and clean. really quite remarkable.
    I agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    This could of been done on blackpaper with black markers and some one would of said needs more contrast

Have some cheese with your whine

6. Like zack_fa1r, casey, tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Casey you know what to take aboard and what to trash when it comes to feed back...this for me is a great effort ...and if it needs more contrast then adjust your screens...there is no way of really translating to everyone how this really looks Why??? because seriously could be your screens adjustments ..the only honest thing i can see on this is the hair ..i also had trouble with this . i had great results with a reasonably sharp pencil inserted in to a K rubber to give more of a finer stiffer point .But know i have gone back to the much much longer way of doing it due to the translation to skin technique....until K rubbers work on skin lol

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think its done quite well Casey. maybe a pinch more mid tone but yeah real life in translation to computer always loses something in picture.

boaz
    u can do hair with just a blending stump that has graphite on it already...then take a 2b or what ever and add some darks and then an electric eraser+kneeded eraser and pull out highlights and u can make some strands with the electric also if u want. then SOFTEN it back up with a cloth or what ever. amazing results on hair. if u zip out strands of hair with the electric it leaves a hard edge so u wanna soften that back up ! another key to hair is leave a decent bit of the detail out. when i draw a portrait i look at the basic shape of the flow of the hair and the shadow areas. the rest i create from my mind .trying to replicate every strand as u see in reference ...eekk , would make me sad. when others view a portrait drawing its usually at the eyes and mouth...they only glance at the hair , so i dont kill my brain trying to get every stand in there.!

9. Thanks boaz thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like critiques had some very brutal ones by different art professors, however they usually point out the strong points, whats working and whats not working and why. Not a negative blanketed statement about an entire piece. I haven't been on here in months come on here and got two really negative responses from you in a matter of hours. I wouldn't have said anything but the fact others are pointing it out I figured I would as well. There are a few guys on here that can be brutally honest with tact. As far as this drawing goes Its done well I just think it would be stronger if you have more equal parts throughout the value scale. Whitest white through the blackest black. With kinda equal parts of this if possible even playing with the photo or reference to achieve this will make it stronger. When you draw still life's you usually put them in settings with lots of shadowing, shadowing is what makes things vivid and causes a relationship with the viewer.

11. Like boaz, casey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOooooo! Pmsl.

Very good casey mi ol china.