Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best chair for your back

My back hurts like hell.. What chairs are the vets using? anyone got any ideas or things they do to save your back>?

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a stool, a lot of artists I know rely on a chair to save their back and no chair will do that, you need better posture to make that happen. We have stools in the studio and I have never once had an artist complain of back trouble. A stool will force you to have good posture believe it or not. Also you need to stretch you back from time to time durring a tattoo. Better yet, every day do this before work or durring the work day half way thru.....

take 10 minutes to do 20 jumping jacks, 20 toe touches, 30 seconds of neck curls to the right then the left, finish it off with 50 sit-ups if you can and 50 push-ups as well. This will improve you circulation as well as get those muscles stretched.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a stool my back is just always in pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Rich View Post
    i use a stool my back is just always in pain.

Well have you thought about useing a back brace to help with posture?
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tatsoul artist chair was designed with posture in mind ,and I really like mine. But, a chair can only do so much. Like many of us already have, you sound as though you need the help of a good chiropractor.

6. Like MedusaTattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tat-Soul artist chair is pretty good. I have one and think I could never go back. The coolest feature is that you can sit backwards and rest your chest on the seat back to alleviate pressure on your back. I have had a lot less back pain since I have had mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best chairs in the world for back pain are the one that you half sit and kneel at an angle (theyre called kneeling chairs or stools). I really like them for drawing, especially the old 70's ones that tended to be taller with steeper pad angles. I'm planning on getting one soon for me drawing table..

Post Thanks / Like
    What about them saddle stools? Good..? bad.?

esthetician-saddle-stool-61881-1749487.jpg

Remember I used one for a while.. but I cant seem to remeber what I thought about it.. ball-ache or something maybe..
    Winds of shit...

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.modernchair.com/capisco-chair.html
    I know its $830 but plant your feet and lean forward no more back pain.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinoshitto View Post
    What about them saddle stools? Good..? bad.?

esthetician-saddle-stool-61881-1749487.jpg

Remember I used one for a while.. but I cant seem to remeber what I thought about it.. ball-ache or something maybe..
    They hurt the um....man bits! I would recommend anyone who tattoos to do at least moderate excercise. If you are getting lower back pain you probably just need to strengthen your lower back, dead lifts being the best excercise for this. Maybe some core work to aid posture
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.