Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyper v3 hitting hard

Hey everyone, I've just been a lurker on here until one question has been bugging me since the day I bought the v3. I've got a v2 and love how quiet, low vibrating and smooth it feels, in fact at one point I had two of them I liked them so much. Anyway I was really excited upon the arrival of a v3 and bought one immediately only to discover it was a completely different animal to my beloved v2.

I found the v3 to be abit of a brute compared with the v2 and my favourite dragonfly s/s and since stigma stated that it is the softest hit of all I was thinking that maybe my machine just needed some 'breaking in time'. The months have passed and I've lubed the machine, used it for lining, colour and some b&g with big mags and it still has a pretty hard hit compared to the others that I named.

I really like the machine and find it to be a good little all rounder but this one niggle has really been at the back of my mind when going to chose a machine for some soft looking black and grey. I pretty much use the df s/s for all my b&g but it bugs me that I should be using the v3 with supposedly the softest hit of all.

btw I have the screw turned back so it's on it's softest setting and when I press my thumb on the grommet (machine running) it takes quite a lot of pressure to make the needles 'give' a little.
    anyone else had this issue and is there anything I can do to make it better?
    sorry for the long post but I thought I'd explain the best I could! Cheers.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting post this. I had a V2 and liked it, then sold it on,so was curious about the V3 ,so it'll be interesting to see what others say. Currently I own no Rotary with a swash style system,but I may be tempted to try the new Swashdrive V8.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm yet to try the v3 but find the v2 very soft

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change the spring for one of a smaller wire gauge.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

5. Like Neo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been under the impression that the V3 has a faster motor in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their is a few things you can do to the v3 to help it hit softer.. Cut the spring Down, remove the o ring or use super squishy grommets

8. Like Neo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I did buy the super soft donut grommets the only problem being was a lot of dust for whatever reason coming from them as the machine seems to chew them up abit, my guess it being something to do with the swash motion? Anyway il try and play around with the spring first before any chopping commences! Thanks for all your prompt advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazghostrider View Post
    Thanks guys, I did buy the super soft donut grommets the only problem being was a lot of dust for whatever reason coming from them as the machine seems to chew them up abit, my guess it being something to do with the swash motion? Anyway il try and play around with the spring first before any chopping commences! Thanks for all your prompt advice.
    I don't know exactly how you set things up but, if you put the grommet in the needle bar w/out bending the loop on the needle bar then put it on the machine, it doesn't allow for any play in between the grommet & the needle bar.
    Last edited by serial1313; 02-25-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My v3 hits plenty soft right out of the box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adjust your give out a little and silicon tubing will take care of dust an grommet eating. Also like mentioned if its still too beastly swap the spring for a thinner gauge. She has the range of very soft to DD hard. Just gotta play with her a little and she will give up her sweet spot for you lol. Mick-
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net