Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can also open e loop of your needle bar, allowing more play.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

stigma I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gasghostrider, this is Artemis from Stigma , maybe there is something wrong with the control screw or with the inner spring i am not sure so give me you shipping address and i will send you a new one so you can replace it.
    If everything works fine then the v3 is really soft softer than the v2. The motor is the same as in the v2. To get it hit soft you need to unscrew the control screw about 3 turns and work it at 7~ 8 volts,
    to run it at low speeds for shading is very important otherways the needle gets to much force ( not good for shading ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so no needle bar bending? I'm back in work today so I'm going to be hunting for that sweet spot all day if it kills me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot Artemis, that's a very kind offer and really appreciated. Il try out a few things today and as a last resort il contact you if I can't solve my problem. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazghostrider View Post
    Ok so no needle bar bending? I'm back in work today so I'm going to be hunting for that sweet spot all day if it kills me!
    I was saying not to bend the needle bar to take care of your grommet shredding problem. Like what's already been said, silicone tubing might help softer things up a little & the silicone won't shred either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so today I think I figured out my problem, I unscrewed completely the give screw (with an Allen key) and the spring pinged off, put it back on the machine and screwed the give screw back on and to my surprise I had a real soft hitting machine! Now I feel pretty stupid that this is all that the problem was. It seemed the spring wasn't sitting right for whatever reason and as soon as its gone back on properly it's running perfectly. I can't believe I didn't try that sooner, I think I was expecting something more complicated.
    i tattooed a black and grey piece and was pretty happy with the results and softness. It definitely made me speed up compared to when I use the dragonfly which is great because I tattoo really slow usually!
    Thanks to all your comments and advice, at least now I know if I have a problem in future I just need to look for the simplest problem first or just ask you guys!