Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halo vs ego

Post Thanks / Like
    I run a bishop and a whip I'm for sure going to get the new stingray just indecisive if I wanna get a halo or an ego at this moment but for sure wanna own them all

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey JDrake, does Red work at your shop? I am actually from Des Moines, used to work at BigFoot Tattoo with laddy and bacon. As far as your question goes I haven't had any time with the ego yet, but my spektra has been my daily driver for the last few months and it's a solid machine. Using up to 14r's it pulls single pass lines for me and packs without a problem.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ego needs to be aluminum ... halo is way better....not even a question.. hence the price.. especially if u use steel tubes...plastic on plastic is ok.. but not metal on plastic

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We found that couple of the first Halos used to vibrate because the slider ran a bit lose in some. We remade sliders and all halos since 3 months ago do not vibrate like some used to. We got rid of most of the residual vibration without compromising the incredible torque that the Halo has. Also, with the introduction of the Magic lube most issues were sorted out.

All Spektra machines shipping these days have a dramatic improve of performance.

3.2 and 3.6mm wil do it all. Yes You can line with the Halo better than ever before.

It also can nit really soft, all you need to do is to clip a few loops of the rear spring if you feel it hits too hard.
    We will also have a spring kit coming up for users to chose the ones they like.

We are almost out of Halos until next production run so what's on the site, is what's there is.

If any of you have a Spektra with lose slider we will refit and ship back to you in the USA for just $30 bucks regardless who you got the machine from.
    Simply fill out this form http://www.fkirons.com/shop/service-your-machine and stick the cash in the box when sending. Make sure to make a note regarding this post.
    In fact I'm starting a new thread
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had any issues with any of mine homie even at 8.5 volts with ttech she's smooth as butta! The only variation I have is in the finish, my older halos have more of a satin finish and my newer ones have more gloss but I dig it that way it helps me narrow down what motor is in what machine being that I love dem black ho's so much hahahaha.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    Never had any issues with any of mine homie even at 8.5 volts with ttech she's smooth as butta! The only variation I have is in the finish, my older halos have more of a satin finish and my newer ones have more gloss but I dig it that way it helps me narrow down what motor is in what machine being that I love dem black ho's so much hahahaha.
    Mick you are quiet of a Halo addict
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't tried the ego yet? My partners are interested but I jus ordered 3 more halos that makes 5- spektras customer service is by far the best I have come across for any rotaries! Any problems will be ironed out in no time- that's worth it's weight in gold to me- I never had so much control outlining with threes- i like the 3.2 for threes- as I get to a larger liner grouping I'm still working on that? Any feedback on that would be great- ex- stroke length-- volts - give -needle hang-

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer my halo over my ego. My Halo has a broader range of give than the ego ever thought to have. Don't get me wrong the ego has its own attributes. Ego just wasn't for me.