Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo vs ego

Post Thanks / Like

Halo vs ego

I need help making a decision between the halo and the ego I wanna know pros and cons about both machines before I make any final decision HELP PLEASE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Plastic<aircraft aluminum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Plastic<aircraft aluminum
    The Halo is autoclavable, you can change the motorbolt (which from what I understand will also be the drive motor for their next machine), you can change the stroke by buying one of 4 $25 stroke wheels, it's not too light. Those are my main reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I just offered one of the many reasons lol. Not to knock the Ego's ego, I haven't even tried one yet and though I'm sure it works well, there's too many negatives for me to want to invest in one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing here, I have never tried an EGO either. I didn't mean it to knock what you were saying, I was meaning to add to what you said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Biggest difference performance wise is that the ego has a larger range of give options as the halo only has a small range of give.. The plastic doesn't bother me at all .. And I have had no problems with my egos or my halos..

7. Like rollhard liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me I found the ego to have too much vibration with disposables and didn't like the noise. Although I did like the shape of it and position of RCA socket. It pushed the ttech system fine and the give worked.

The only down side to the halo is its almost twice the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like the main things that people don't care for on the ego is the vice because you have to install a nut or use your finger to hold the screw in place and the noise/vibration. The main things people don't like about the Halo is the price and the vibration over 8volts. I'm gonna say get one of each, try em both and sell or trade off the one you like less and get a second of the one you fancy. I need one more whip and then it's ego time for me. I have 4 halos, and will probably buy 2 egos when I make my order. To me there's room for many things...the more options you have at hand the less you have to compromise when working to achieve specific results. Mick-
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    i run both, and love both the price point on the ego is great if you dont mind the plastic, honestly i would try and get hands on with both, do you want the machine for any specific use?

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ego is a monster liner! And its a powerfull motor good for colour too, but by far the noisyest rotary i have ever heard!!! Almost coil loud! I think the halo would be more precision.. the ego is loud but effective..