Post Thanks / Like

Hey - loving the rotary forums!

Hi All.
    I'm Kinjal - Stumbled on here doing a search for something to do with rotaries and signed up right away.
    Glad to see such an interest by like-minded individuals. I have the utmost respect for traditional coils (I have a few FK Pyro's that I love) but I think rotaries are for me! I'm hooked.
    Been using my 2 Swashdrive G7's since they came out for a while now and loving them.
    Also picked up a Cheyenne Hawk which is pretty cool, just getting used to it.
    Just received a Stigma Fly too but i'm having issues with it which I'll post elsewhere.
    Oh and I ordered a Dragonfly shortstroke for soft B&G shading - waiting waiting waiting!
    Peace!
    Make your mark ON society not in society - Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see I'm addicted.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Kinjal... they are plenty of like minded addicts here so I'm sure you'll find yourself at home!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkstasy View Post
    Hi All.
    I'm Kinjal - Stumbled on here doing a search for something to do with rotaries and signed up right away.
    Glad to see such an interest by like-minded individuals.

Oh
    Is it just me, or does being a rotary head sometimes feel like a secret religion that is only accepted by a few and those few know the benefits and wish to convert all the coil-tillians!! kinda kool i think!

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCO VESCOVI View Post
    Is it just me, or does being a rotary head sometimes feel like a secret religion that is only accepted by a few and those few know the benefits and wish to convert all the coil-tillians!! kinda kool i think!
    No its not just you Franco, I've been on a quest for years to get people to come to the "Dark Side" and I'm pretty sure it was Alie told me that when she mentioned rotaries most people looked at her like she had 3 boobs! (And if it wasn't you Alie... Sorry!)
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This forum was partially born out of the "just looked at me like I had three tits" thing and a need to find other elusive three boob tattooers. Not so much in the interest of proselytizing but more community and the buddy system, strength in numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    This forum was partially born out of the "just looked at me like I had three tits" thing and a need to find other elusive three boob tattooers. Not so much in the interest of proselytizing but more community and the buddy system, strength in numbers.
    ]

That's exactly what attracted me here!
    I learned from a guy who's been tattooing for 25+ years and has his way of doing things. He never discouraged me from finding out new things though and being fairly new to tattooing I have no traditional coil hangups so I've been experimenting with what works for me.
    I had to find out everything on my own through trial and error (and dropping a bit of cash!!).
    I tried the pneuma's for a while which were cool for smooth blends and fine-lining (I'm a sculptor) but too slow for me for fills etc. - also went with FK's for a while great machines, but they're still coils. Once I tried the G7's I got hooked - just so much less to deal with and consistent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCO VESCOVI View Post
    I actually like being a little bit of a maverick too!