Post Thanks / Like

Best rotary for packing colour?

Hi guys, I'm an avid follower but first time poster to the site!..I'm primarily a coil man,but did delve into the rotary world a few months back with the Dragonfly..I was after a machine to really pack the colour in,and was told this was the machine for me..I was initialy very impressed,very nice for B&G,but doesnt seem to have the power to pack good colour in??..So, has time has gone by,I've found myself goin back to my coils whilst the DF gathers dust on the shelf...

..However,before I part company with the fly and disappear back into the world of the coil - and purchase another FK (love my FK's!), I was just hoping to get a few opinions on the best machines for puttin' in that bold colour work??!

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I felt exactly the same with the dragonfly, it's real nice for BnG and fine lining but it doesn't pack solid color well, just not enough torque in that tiny motor. Probably the hottest suggestion would be a good direct drive like the new HM, or an Impact, or a halo 4.0. I also love Kubins and the Blitz is an underrated machine as well, both are quite versatile.

3. Thanks Budweiner thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan kubin direct drive or an Amoeba design - that's what I use for colour packing.

5. Thanks Budweiner thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are more of a coil guy and want to slap that color in you might like the cut lass 2.. I use it when I miss coils. It really feels like a coil.. And it works great . I pack , shade , line with it .you can change the stroke ,and there's a little coil spring were the crank connects to the A-bar, which can be changed to a different stiffness ... Not fancy , not the smoothest , but lots of funky goodness . And it can pack.

7. Thanks Budweiner thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the reply Tengu315,very much appreciated!..I will check out these machines
    Last edited by Budweiner; 03-08-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great,thanks mate!..I've only heard of the Halo!, will check these out

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotaryworks you can't beat the machine that you get for the price that you pay.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

11. Thanks Budweiner thanked for this post.
    Like Budweiner, Deucalion liked this post.