Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ego vice fix...

Post Thanks / Like
    how loud are these ? and who carries em

Post Thanks / Like
    They have a little buzz to them going at 8 volts but not too bad at all, nowhere near a coil machine though! She ain't silent but ain't loud either. After 10 years of coils believe me when I say it doesn't bother me one little bit. Tattoo machines now carries them. $380 shipped in the US. A damn excellent price for the performance and quality.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-08-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like

Armature post...

Ok so the triangles being inevitably pulled out when breaking the machine down or changing needles does seen to irritate some people, so another 5 cent alternative is described here. The oem armature post that bez provides has a T shape to fit into the groove below the triangle inserts. This helps when switching triangles but not so much when changing needles. Using a slightly smaller diameter and slightly shorter straight pin will still fit very snug in the triangles and slides out when pulled straight up with a little force leaving the triangles in place. I also found this pin to be adjustable in height and has the ability for more give when set slightly longer out of the triangles than the oem sits, increasing the pivot point and less give when recessed down slightly further than the oem pin decreasing the pivot point. Just more versatility, I've taken the time to get to know the Ego and it is one of my favorites, these are some simple do it yourself alternatives that address the 2 main displeasing aspects for some artists. They aren't necessary but they do help make things easier. Mick-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

4. Thanks tattood, The Limey thanked for this post.
    Like tattood, The Limey liked this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool and simple fix!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    So simple Limey! Any hardware store with a decent selection of screws and bolts will have these lil pieces. Why bitch about it when you can fix things for a nickel? Lol
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is really good mick, and a great attitude, why do people bitch when u fixed the vice & armature nipple for like $1 .. Good initiative

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    So simple Limey! Any hardware store with a decent selection of screws and bolts will have these lil pieces. Why bitch about it when you can fix things for a nickel? Lol
    Agreed maybe fixed isnt the right word. lol .. Modified to your liking.. from all i have read there isnt any thing wrong with the ego just needs some adapting. From my rotary experience each one is different as far as set up.. No biggie just something to get used to. For example took my using my rotary works 2-3 times to get rubber band positioning right.. Then got the I.D. and again figured what worked best for that machine.. only took one session.lol.. then my impact im flipping needle over or more of a bend.. just little things for each machine. really isnt a problem at all.. also if u watch BEZ's video showcasing the EGO u can see clearly he uses a finger to keep the vice screw from spinning while tightening the vice

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly homie. The ego is an amazing machine and people flip machines so fast these days without ever trying to actually use then and see what they can do. I don't get it really. Bez' instructions that come with the Ego clearly state to hold your finger on the screw head when tightening so it's no surprise. When a machine is released customer feedback is important to make little changes and if you notice the only qualms about the Ego are silly little things that I'm sure Bez will address if he releases and Ego 2.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    After reading your fixes I have to say I'm tempted to buy one as those were the issues that were putting me off. My only concern now is the vibration, have you tried his bio-grips?
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't tried the bio grips but with disposables the vibration is on par with bizarre v2, halo, and inkjecta S3. With stainless I don't even notice it really. The machine has a buzz to it but not as bad as a coil by any means especially loaded and hitting skin but the vibration is nowhere near as bad as that buzz would have you believe. I honestly think this would be a great machine for your situation Limey. They are amazing with ttechs too! The vice tolerances on the tube stem hole are so perfect with the screw swap it is a rock solid vice! And it's so light and well balanced it honestly just feels like you're holding a tube without a machine.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net