Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ego vice fix...

Post Thanks / Like

Ego vice fix...

Ok so this is for those of you who do not like the Egos vice. It is a very simple fix and will cost you a whole 6 cents US. Any hardware store with an array of nuts and bolts will have this screw. I chose case hardened but you can get stainless too. just replace the vice screw and you dont have to hold the screw head anymore with your finger. It will not move and locks up really secure with no play. This head on the screw works flawless and the size is: M4 .7, 16. I've been nothing but impressed with the Ego the quality is amazing, the function is as well and damn it feels like you are just tattooing with the tube in your hand because the machine is so light! So if the vice was your worry fear not as long as you have 6 cents handy. Mick-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

2. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed we kind of have the same taste in machines mick , so if you like the ego, I think I'm gona get one..
    Man I feel like I just watched an episode of Mob wives... With that other thread..
    I'm glad it's over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha ditto, yeah def try it out man, the quality is top notch and seriously the plastic is so well made it just feels like a solid machine. The vice hole is tight in tolerance with the tube stem diameters, its the most perfect fit i have come across...and with this screw it locks up as tight as a dolphins butthole. The give system works amazing and if you don't want give, then 2 rubber black triangles are as solid as any no give machine. I've had amazing results lining with her with black in the front and yellow in the rear of the post. It's my lining combo for sure. There are alot of combos to go through so I'm still playing with it for coloring an shading. I really like the black in front for a solid quick retraction of the needle and the other colors I've been using accordingly in the rear of the post depending on how much give I want. This system is working amazingly. After the screw change I honestly think it's one of my favorite vices on any of my machines, it's very very secure with minimal tightening. I think Bez just chose the wrong screw and I honestly think he did a phenomenal job on every other aspect on the machine so it's 99% killer! I can live with that with pleasure.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe send the post to the makers of ego. If its something enough people mention makes sense to change or at least amke an option

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly it's such a simple fix I'm sure Bez will address it sooner than later. I have faith in him. Till then McFaddendales and 6 cents to swap a screw is good with me. ;-)
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah no doubt, it doesn't look like my cup of tea, but its pretty obvious some serious time went into developement

Post Thanks / Like
    I was hesitant because I'm not the biggest fan of plastic machines but this thing is a different animal. It's as solid as any aluminum machine and it's design is amazing in its form fit and function. It's not a weak flimsy plastic it's as hard as a rock but it's not prone to shatter either. The molding is as clean as something milled on a Swiss CNC. Try a black one nivek and if you hate it I will take her off your hands ;-) I have 2 now, why not 3 lol.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    I was hesitant because I'm not the biggest fan of plastic machines but this thing is a different animal. It's as solid as any aluminum machine and it's design is amazing in its form fit and function. It's not a weak flimsy plastic it's as hard as a rock but it's not prone to shatter either. The molding is as clean as something milled on a Swiss CNC. Try a black one nivek and if you hate it I will take her off your hands ;-) I have 2 now, why not 3 lol.
    Really ? you like it that much ? hmm... and yes my biggest issue is the plastic

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell yes it can easily run with the big boys Halo, Inkjecta s3, Hyper v3 etc. if the plastic is your biggest concern trust me it's not even close to an issue.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net