Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Colour blending.

Hi guys im looking to improve my blends, not b and g just colour for now

So, as mentioned in a previous post i have a fast hand speed, and alot of the time i feel it fights me with saturation, being a bit of a fussy one i tend to layer colours quite a few times into each other, i havent come across a machine yet that helps me pull away from this habit, does a softer hit mean i can layer more without damage to the skin? or will this just piss it off? how does a super soft 6mm hit from a hyper v3 work in comaprisson to 3.5 with no give? will it put more ink in because of the longer throw? i guess itl bog down alot meaning hand speed must be slowed down? its doing my head in not understanding things!!! i feel i need a machine i can layer over and over without worry of overworking the skin. so many questions. Thanks.
    Gary.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you just need to slow down. A stroke 3.5 is a great stroke to blend colors. I blend one color into another once, I might go back into it if I want to darken an area. We might be doing different styles of though.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    im trying to brush the colors into one another. ill get more saturation if i do the scrub motion, so to blend ill go back and forth with my mag. i will add my hand is moving really fast as im doing it. seems to be working for me..

Post Thanks / Like
    its so hard to slow down, feels strange and when i start getting into it i get back to speed and dont even realise, ill try the scrubbing rather than circle and see what happens on my next cheers.

nobody know anything about the softer hit? maybe a swashy whip or the hyper??

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a really fast hand also and im the same way when i get going i cant help it.lol.. i will do circles but for me on the 3.5 stroke and above i need to lightly graze the skin to get a nice blend. really not applying much pressure, but when i want it dark i will put the pressure and slow my hand down a bit. im still figuring these no gives out also.lol seems like every tatt im trying sumthin a little different

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i get ya there, i just had some shitty scabby healing on the mrs when i used a damn curved bugpin mag last week and its bean eating me up man, normally use 10's or 12's so i think ill stick with that from now on and keep the bugs for grey shade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude we are going through the exact some thing. Ill have some great heals and some will be kinda rough and it will have my wheels spinning. I get obsessive over it and quite honestly if i hear my shit is scabbin pretty bad it will ruin my day... Im also thinking everyone has rough heals, i just know about mine because for the most part everyone i tattoo is extened family and their exteneded network of friends ..lol.. as an example my boss tattoo every day and is booked 2months out and i have never heard of a bad heal, but as of late im thinking its more hes just not hearing about it because they are just clients and they are not on his facebook or have his cell number.lol, if that makes sense.lol

*also im using the # 10 curved bugpins also do i think those can cause more damage to skin?
    Last edited by tattood; 03-12-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i get ya about finiding out about healing, i always tell em to come back and let me see it after a eek to make sure its going well. sadly a customer has no idea whats a bad heal and whats not though.

bupins are more traumatic yes, i thought a dead giveaway to bad healing was chewed skin, but its not always the case

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neotat vivace 3.5 at arround 10.2 will saturate very fast with fast hand speed and if your in and out quick enough you can easily make 2-4 passes aslong as you dont bury the whole 3.5mm into the skin

Post Thanks / Like
    i like the sound of that fluff, does my bishop have the same motor as vivace? i gots the swiss maxon? and also recomended voltage for bishop is 7.5 to 8.5.

i tried it at 9.2 and my mate said it hurt alot more ha!!