View Poll Results: Would you want a "non Adjustable" Halo?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

36 60.00%
  • Maybe.

3 5.00%
  • No, I rather have the give option

21 35.00%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    I agree the more options the better Gaston. For my own notes will the machines performance differ from the adjustable with the give knob tightened down? I imagine you can probably get the machine to hit with a little more absolute downforce than even the adjustable tightened down, and with less noise, vibration, and friction. Or am I just wishful thinking? Haha Mick-
    I wouldnt mind the non adjustable. Yey mick made a valid point if its tightened is it the same effect. Then if so ill keep rockin the bad boy i got. But if there is a diff the for sure do it homie. And flip a table...

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuck it gaston just send me one of every color and that would be really kool of u. Shit i might even give u my cell number and ill flip the next one for ya. Just a thought.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Look at a few other companies that do that (you know who)every year they come out with a new machine or two and say its the best and then ditch it just for the sake of boosting new sales.

Like cell phone manufacturer's with new designs.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    I would say a non adjustable halo would be a good seller. Make it with a non removeable motor bolt and I would think you may have a good seller. But....@ $499.00 I would think people would spend the $50.00 extra to get the adjustable halo instead. I would think a price point of $399.00 would be more of a seller for a non adjustable and would make more people bite. But if you could not get it down to that price point it may very well not sell to well.
    I'd rather have the motor bolt, I think others with halos may like that idea that way we can buy the bodies and use our existing bolts. At 399 for a complete machine I'd be easily good for 2-4 non adjustable bodies lol. I already have 4 adj halos why not if the performance isn't identical and I can benefit from a different style of operation.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    The motorbolt is ONE of the things that made me gain respect for Gaston. I know he has stated that the Vortek will use the same motorbolt. That way we can just buy machine body. I think it makes much more sense to just make non adjustable internals that fit the existing Halo, that way we aren't all out another few thousand dollars each just because someone came up w/ a slightly different idea. I mean does everybody just like to blow 1,000 a year on the same machine called "different"? That is the cool thing about being able to use the same motorbolt, Gaston isn't just making a new machine just to make more money, he is making a new machine that works w/ machines that you already have. Does anybody else think no give internals for the existing makes more sense?
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I would want the hassle switching the internals back and forth between tattoos I'd rather just have a non adjustable body or 4 of them for $300 bucks each and swap motor bolts out from my adj halos. Just seems simple, almost too easy lol
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-14-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    That makes sense, but that is assuming that there is a difference between the adjustable Halo completely tightened & a non adjustable Halo.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mick as you have many you could just by a new internal no give slider in throw it in the body you already have if you want one set up that way all the time till you change your mind. Or if you wanted to buy another complete spectra body with the no give slider as a set for your bolts.
    I think this would be the best because fki could invest in the Vortek body and get it out. And still market a hard no give slide option for the spectra body with out loosing its shirt or customer base.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    I think this is what slick is saying, if not I thought about this while reading his post. Why don't you figure out a way to make non adjustable internals that you can put in existing machines? That way you can sell the Halo w/ either option or w/ both & you can sell the new no give internals to people who already have the existing Halo. Then everybody is happy, & you only have to create new internals. I know I made that sound much easier than it really is.

Yep what he said!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    That was my main reasoning behind just making the internals. Being able to change what you have already paid into & the no loss of customer base. If anything Gaston would just be empowering his existing customer base & have them singing his praises even more.