View Poll Results: Would you want a "non Adjustable" Halo?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

36 60.00%
  • Maybe.

3 5.00%
  • No, I rather have the give option

21 35.00%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i really thought this through and it's not the best idea Gaston...
    Most machines like roman's new HM and the Prodigy have so much more to offer... If it was like 300.00 and could compete with the average selling price of production coils then it would be worth it.
    I mean saving 50.00 and have a single purpose machine? .. I would spend the extra money and get Roman's adjustable machine that has no give. I mean only 100.00 more to do black and grey, color blending, color packing and lining?
    Do the math, it's not even a question at 499.00
    If the Price was right... 300.00 to 350.00 that would be the only reason to buy one.
    A good example is the Rotary Works I.D. I can color pack and line with it.. its a super solid machine that works fucking great and it's 250.00 and it is exactly what you are talking about making.
    So i would say this new possible machine only makes sense if its priced against the coil market, which would actually help some coil-users jump ship and try one, possibly hooking them for good.
    I mean even the RW I.D can do at least 2 good things such as line a color pack, while most coils are designed for one specific purpose.
    Does that make sense to you?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    Is it just to save the buyer money?
    What 50.00?
    You can buy 2 rotary works for 499.00 a short stroke 2.5 and a 3.5 and basically line, grey wash and color with them.
    499.00 is a joke
    Even the bishop is 400.00 and i think that's over priced

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be interested in fiddling with separate internals at all, however like I said a no give body I can toss my motor bolts in...well now that's something...I think he would sell many more bodies and complete machines than internal component sets. I switch machines to often, for ease of use I would just prefer the bodies...and I don't see how this would lose him customers or a fan base by offering a no give version complete and a no give body both at lower price points. It's just choices and preferences, maybe he could offer internals as well as a third option if there is enough demand for it. I dunno? If it's less time, money and manpower to produce the complete non adj and the bodies or them I don't see it eating into vortex time because 99% of the work is already done via the original Halo. Just my 2 cents, worth exactly that lol.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    That makes sense, but that is assuming that there is a difference between the adjustable Halo completely tightened & a non adjustable Halo.
    Very true, if the operating system is virtually the same as with the give knob tightened down well then there is no real reason for money spent on new completes, bodies, or internals because we already have the capability in our hands with a simple turn of a knob. It's all speculation at this point but we do know from experience that a no give sliders are virtually vibration free, quiet, and very smooth, and hit with a great deal of downward force compared to give machines set for no give. I would like to hear from Gaston on this before we get too far ahead of ourselves. Mick-
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-14-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is what slick is saying, if not I thought about this while reading his post. Why don't you figure out a way to make non adjustable internals that you can put in existing machines? That way you can sell the Halo w/ either option or w/ both & you can sell the new no give internals to people who already have the existing Halo. Then everybody is happy, & you only have to create new internals. I know I made that sound much easier than it really is.
    And that is exactly the idea.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If I can just buy no give internals for my existing Halo that would be great. Are you saying that there will be a difference in the new internals & the give internals completely tightened?
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the main question is what will the differences be exactly between the non adjustable and the give knob tightened down on the adj.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the main difference is the COST OF PRODUCTION, no GIVE cost less, this why GASTON offer a cheap price on this NO GIVE, i think is good idea the same MACHINE available HIVE SYSTEM or NO GIVE.....IS COOL

AGGREE WITH THAT IDEA 100%

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I dont use the give on my halo! I dont think it works that well or even at all! Even with the superlube/oil added. I do also think that most give systems just dont work, they are far to hard to make any difference. You are trying to put ink into the skin about how deep 1mm 1.5mm if the give system doesnt move in that first 1mm then I can't see it working at all. The best give system so far - dragonfly piston. The worst - bizarre v1. The rest fall in between. The best give system is the skin and your stretch.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

10. Like Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great idea. In a neo vivace guy & I love the(no give) it has.