Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested to see how a power supply can calculate rpms on a dc motor without a phototach connected.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had looked into this a while back and from what i can see the "Spinner" has no display for RPM, although it could be on the back, but what wood be the point of that..... spinner-categor-page.jpg
    Last edited by tattood; 04-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a question why does a rotary machine need a special power supply, the Remote Control helicopter and speed boat guys have been using dc motors to power their gadgets for years with out any special power supply. I would be careful about being conned into buying the latest power supply just because some company says you need it. I want to see some stats first like adds extra torque to a standard motor, something that can be physically measured.

I know there is a guy from New Zealand that produces a pulse unit that plugs into your power supply. Then you can adjust the amount of pulses and length of the pulse this is great for smoothing out old power units or cheaper ones but this type of unit works best with a coil machine. If someone has some data on pulsing power to dc motor and its effect I would love to see it because I presume thats what this new power supply is all about.

One final word of warning the only people I have every heard referring to a stitch count are the Chinese because its kind of lost in translation but I found a lot of terms are different here in the US.

I think I might have to emigrate here, I am loving Texas so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    agreed ^^^

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can not calculate RPM on an electric motor with out some sort of input.
    You would need to input a least the rated voltage for the motor and the listed RPM for that voltage either loaded or unloaded and once the motor was running you would get a different reading for RPM with a needle in the skin and with the needle out of the skin or with no needle at all.

There are different motors made to run fast with little torque and run slow with lots of torque this would be a nightmare to calculate on resistance of power flow only.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the pleasure to see this unit and play with it. Samyo showed it to me.
    It's a nice unit and pretty small. Nice gadget to have if you have spare cash.

Do I think we need a special power supply for rotaries? Maybe not.
    Conventional units are doing the job just fine.

I personally prefer straight forward power units.
    Something that makes me do less work rather than make me do more work.

The least buttons I need to press the better.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don need any specific power supply for rotary, any good one is ok, the problem of power supply-rotary come out with this new generation of power supply, same eikon or critical,
    i have critical supply and work perfect too with any rotary, from the 5 usd chinese to dragonfly

Post Thanks / Like
    I defy you to show me any real positive change or results in the actual tattoo using some 'special' rotary power supply versus my Eikon 400 or Critical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuinan View Post
    I defy you to show me any real positive change or results in the actual tattoo using some 'special' rotary power supply versus my Eikon 400 or Critical.
    I agree with Chris on this, it just seems "gimicky". Or look on like it like this, is it just another avenue for some kid with a lot of Money, to just buy all the "new stuff" and assume they can tattoo by numbers.....

10. Like ChrisGuinan liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    omg we have to get it... all of us.... don't you see... it's newwwwwww!!!!!!! something different and newwwwwwwww! .... oh the addiction.. the humanity, the needless dollars spent.. because because. it's it's newwww!

12. Like Dreviltattoo liked this post.